Chapter Forty-Eight: The Heir

Hiiiii! Hope all is well! This is still Y/N's POV. Happy reading!😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Happy reading!😊~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was at Tokyo Tower. I needed to think about a lot of things. Satoru's right. I was being selfish. I can't force him to do anything. I'm not the only person in this relationship. It's not always about me. I need to support his decision. It's not about me anymore.

"There you are sweetie. Can we talk?"

I turn away from the view.

"How'd you find me?" I ask.

"I followed you."

I take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. I should've considered your feelings and I didn't. Wait, why are you apologizing?"

We were in sync. It was creepy saying what he was saying at the same time.

"You go first."

I nod.

"I didn't take into consideration on why you want to be out there. I made it about myself. You're right Satoru. I was being selfish. You should get justice for those men. Just please be careful. I don't want to lose another person that I love." My voice cracks.

"I should apologize. I shouldn't call you selfish. I should've consulted with you first. I guess with Aoi always agreeing, I never really had to talk to her about it. I need to consider your feelings about it."

Satoru hugs me tightly.

"I don't want to fight with you anymore sweetheart. I was completely wrong. If you don't want me to do it, I won't. It's your call."

I grow wide eyed. He's hugging me differently. This embrace...you only see it in anime. I feel warmth from him.

"I don't want you to do it. But if you have to, I support you. I just want you safe."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Do the right thing Satoru. Those men deserve justice."

"That won't be necessary."

I hear another voice. It was Judge Bedón.

"Satoru, you're staying retired. You have a good woman who truly loves you. I'll take care of it. You promised to retire and marry her. Honor that promise. All the men will get justice. I'll put them behind bars with minimum ten years."

"How did you find us?" I ask.

"I followed my son."

"Dad-"

"Go to therapy son. You're going to need it. And don't come back here. Send us an invitation for the wedding. Enjoy your life. I'll be damned if my only child gets killed at an early age. Your mother and I almost lost you once. We can't have it again."