Chapter Thirty-Four: The Breakup

Hiiiiiii! Hope all is well! Happy reading!😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiiiiiii! Hope all is well! Happy reading!😊~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aoi invited me out for lunch. I haven't heard from her since game night. I walk up to her table and sit.

"Hey Aoi. What's up?" I greet.

I didn't really want to see her.

"Hey. So I invited out to lunch."

"Obviously. But why?"

"To apologize for my behavior on game night."

"Mmm." Was all I could say.

I wasn't giving her the cold shoulder. I just didn't want to be here. I don't even know why I showed up.

"Let's hear it."

Aoi takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry for acting that way. I'm not insecure or anything and I know you two are really close friends. It's just I'm his fiancée so I should know everything about him but I don't."

"That's a you problem."

"I know it is."

"Then why did you agree to marry him?"

"Because I truly do love him. Now that I see you two more together I can see how close he is with you. He's more open with you. From an outsider's point of view, you two look like childhood best friends or a newlywed couple."

"We're literally just friends. Nothing more, and nothing less."

"I know that. But I also know that you two love each other on a different level. You two have a different level of a special bond. You and Satoru are both too stubborn to realize how much you love each other."

"I am not in love with your fiancé. That's insane and you're starting to sound insecure Aoi."

"I'm not insecure. I'm just mad okay?!"

I look around.

"What?" She asks.

"Girl I'm tryna figure out who the hell you think you're talking to like that." I reply.

"Why is it that he has this special intimacy with you?"

"You sound real jealous over our friendship. You know he loves you. He's going to marry you. Maybe pay attention to the girls he turn down. He always tell them he's happily engaged or sometimes married."

"I am jealous. And I shouldn't be. He never talks about you when he's with me. But I see it when he's around you. I don't hate you. I just wish he give me when he gave you."

"He didn't give me anything. He just came to my therapy sessions even though I didn't want him to. Because of that, he's gotten to know everything about me. And I wanted to get to know him. It was fair game."