Chapter Thirty-Seven: One True Love

Hiiiiii! Hope all is well. This isn't a time skip. Happy reading!😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm home."

He closes my door and locks it. Satoru grabs my face and kiss me hungrily. I kiss him back, then snatch myself away from him.

"Stop it!" I yell.

"This-This we can't do this. You cannot proclaim your love to your fiancée and then do this with me."

My chest was heaving. I couldn't tell if I was still dreaming or not.

"Look, I don't know if this is a dream or not but the Satoru I know wouldn't do this."

Satoru steps closer to me.

"I see you're wearing the necklace that I got for you."

He touches it. He holds the back of my neck.

"I know it's been a year. But this isn't a dream. Ever since I left, I haven't stopped thinking about you no matter how hard I've tried. I've been thinking about you constantly. More than I'm supposed to. I always saw your beautiful face. You're the person I couldn't wait to see again. To come home to."

"Satoru please. I'm not Aoi." I beg lowly.

"I know that."

I sniff as tears roll down my cheeks. This must be a cruel trick the devil is playing on me. All because I'm in love with my best friend.

"I deluded myself into believing that I'm engaged to you. That I was coming home to you. And when I got home, reality hit. That Aoi isn't my best friend but in fact my fiancée. It doesn't feel right.

Being here with you does. Because I'm in love with you. That day when we first kissed, I knew that I was in love with you. I love everything about you. I'm sure you don't feel the same way but that's okay. You're my one true love."

I was speechless. Satoru wipes my tears. I slap Satoru.

"Ow! What was that for?"

I pinch myself.

"I confess my love for you and this is your response?"

"I'm trying to see if this is a sick dream but it's real."

I wince at my pinch.

"This isn't an altered reality. This is the real deal. I'm alive and I've come back for you."

Satoru kisses me again. He grips my waist.

"I've always wanted you like this." He says lowly in my ear.

Satoru kisses my neck and I moan. He lifts me up and carries me upstairs through the dark. We enter my room and he place me on my bed, never departing from the kiss. I tangle my fingers in his hair. He trails kisses down my body. Those familiar lips all over my body as he holds me delicately.

"Wait Satoru stop."

He stops.

"Yes?"

"You're still engaged." I remind him as I turn my lamp on.

"I know. And I'm going to tell her the truth. But for right now, I need to be with you." He responds, interlocking our fingers.

He kiss the back of my hand.

"How was it?" I ask.

"A lot better than I imagined."

"No I meant the case."