Chapter Fifteen: Skyler's Birthday Party

Hiiiiiii! How are you? Hope all is well. Happy reading!😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•See Red- to be excited or emotionally stirred up with anger. Seeing red reflects an activation of your fight-or-flight response, or a physiological state that occurs involuntarily when the brain's amygdala is triggered by a stressful situation.

•4LDK - Four-bedroom apartment with a living/dining room and a kitchen separate from the living/dining area

A week flew by in a blur. Suguru was left penniless. He refused to inform his family. His business was still going strong, as people were buying the software his father created when he built this company. It helps with Suguru buying himself a new wardrobe. He said he wanted to erase every member of her. Surprisingly, he takes losing his money pretty well.

Either that or he's delusional. He says that his happiness and freedom are his wealth. I guess in some ways, I'm more privileged than he is. Sure he has power and that got me arrested, but I had no one controlling and abusing my life. Today is Skyler's birthday. I'm still hesitant to go. I was arguing with Suguru.

"It's a family function."

"Y/N it's just a birthday party."

"Yeah. Your goddaughter's birthday. She doesn't know me. Her father barely knows me."

"She's six. She's not going to grill you like Japan's Government Official."

"She's gonna ask who I am."

"You're my friend and her father probably informed her about you."

"Can't I just drop you off and pick you up later?" I ask.

"No. Why are we arguing about this?"

"I just don't belong there."

"Stop overthinking."

I pull up to Sebastian's house. Suguru takes my hand.

"Just have fun with me." He intertwine our fingers and kiss the back of my hand.

"Okay."

We get out and grab our gifts. I lock the car and we walk up. I whistle at the house.

"Man this house is huge."

"You know you should get a house. More bedrooms and more space."

"4LDK?" I ask as he knocks on the door.

"Whatever you want. It's your house."

The door opens.

"You two made it!" Sebastian greets us.

We hug and step in.

"Skyler look who's here!"

"Suguru!"

A little girl runs in straight towards him. He drops down and hugs her.

"Hey there princess. Happy birthday!"

He plants a kiss on her cheek causing her to giggle.

"Thank you!" Skyler looks at me.

"Who is she?"

"This is Y/N. She's a very special friend of mine."

"Hi you're pretty!" I smile.

"Thank you. Happy birthday Skyler beautiful."

"Thank you!" She look at Suguru.

"Where's Moné?"

"We're not together anymore so you won't see her."