Chapter Twenty-Six: The Order

Hiiiii! How are you? Hope all is well. Happy reading! 😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~Satoru's POV~~~~~~~~~~

I take a seat.

"So you want a restraining order against your husband?"

"He's not my husband."

"Your fiancé?"

The woman shake her head no.

"Boyfriend?"

"Ex boyfriend."

"Sure. What seems to be the problem?"

"He's abusive. And now he's showing up to my job."

She briefly explains. I write.

"What's his name?"

"Suguru Geto."

"Geto?"

I stop writing. I looked at her dead in the face. I was filled with empathy, worry, rage and then back to professionalism. I clear my throat.

"You're the mother of Valentine. Jesus Christ I'm so sorry." I apologized.

"When did he become abusive?"

"A few days after-"

She stops herself and gets up.

"I'm sorry I'm wasting your time."

"Right after he killed his ex wife?" I question.

She tried her best to not react.

"It was right after he-"

"You don't have to cover for him. I know he killed her. Personally speaking, she deserved it. The police won't find anything. Neither of you will be thrown away for that."

"Police officers always say that to get someone to confess and then that person is behind bars."

"I've killed quite some people myself."

"Oh see now you're bluffing." I lean forward.

"The justice system is corrupt. Too many pricks walk or get a light sentence. Rapists walk. Human traffickers never found. Murders becoming a cold case. Crooked cops in cahoots with drug lords and mafias. So I do what's right. I simply take them out so the victim and their family gets justice."

"And you're telling me this why?"

"Because I have something on you and you have something on me. Shall word gets out, you'll do some time, he goes behind bars for murder and say you take me down, I get executed." I was quiet.

"For the record, she was next on my list. They would've sentenced her to life but that's not punishment nor justice. She was deranged and need to be put down like a rabid dog. She's not the type to be afraid of going back to prison."

I hand over a clipboard.

"Write down your information."

She takes the clipboard and begin to write. She hand it over once she was done.

"Thank you Officer...."

"Detective Satoru."

"Oh detective. Sorry."

"It's alright."

We get up.

"I'll hand this over to the judge and reach out to you with updates."