milk pt.2 (haerin x fem reader)

it was a few weeks after y/n and haerin's interaction. haerin had constantly bought milk for y/n everyday when she saw y/n studying in class.

today, they finally finished all their exams and y/n was relieved that she had maintained her top position in school. she stepped out of the classroom during lunch and was greeted by haerin.

"oh, hi haerin," she smiled at her. haerin smiled back and shyly greeted back. she had milk in her hand as always and another plastic bag in her other hand.

"are you going for lunch today?" she asked y/n and she nodded her head yes.

"ah..." haerin disappointedly looked down. "I thought you'd be studying today."

"oh... well, exams just finished and I wanted to take a break and step out a bit, you know."

"uhm... if you haven't eaten yet, would you like to join me? I bought extra," haerin asked, holding up the plastic bag for y/n to see.

y/n looked on in disbelief. the kang haerin asking her to have lunch with her? haerin actually asking her to have lunch meant they could spend more time alone other than haerin just sending milk to her.

"yeah, sure," y/n answered and haerin's eyes lit up at the answer. she led y/n to the rooftop and they sat there, basking in the sun and enjoying the food and milk haerin bought.

as they finished their lunch and milk, y/n decided to ask haerin about the kiss on her cheek from a few weeks ago.

"hey, haerin, can I ask you something?" y/n asked hesitantly. haerin slowly turned her head towards y/n and nodded. "sure, what's up?"

"when you came to me with milk, you kissed me on the cheek. what was that about?" y/n questioned, feeling a bit nervous. haerin's face turned red as she looked down at her feet, fidgeting with her fingers. "I'm sorry, y/n. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just wanted to...to...um..."

haerin trailed off, struggling to find the right words to say. y/n gently placed her hand on haerin's and gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm just asking because there's something I want to tell you, you don't have to answer if you don't want to."

haerin looked back up at y/n, her eyes filled with a mix of nervousness and hope. "I kissed you because...I like you, y/n. more than just as a friend. and I wanted to let you know somehow."

a small smile formed on y/n's lips. "haerin, I like you too."

haerin's face lit up with joy as she heard y/n's confession. "really? you mean it?"

y/n nodded, feeling her heart racing with excitement. "yes, haerin. I mean it. and if it's okay with you, I was wondering if you'd like to go out on a date with me sometime?"

haern's eyes sparkled with happiness as she answered with a big grin. "yes, y/n! I would love to go on a date with you."

they smiled at each other and sat there on the rooftop, holding hands and basking in the warmth of the sun, feeling content in each other's company.