if you're happy (danielle x fem reader)

y/n and danielle had been academic rivals since the first day of school. they were both determined to be the top student in class, and they constantly competed with each other for the highest grades.

y/n would often tease danielle, taunting her about her grades and pushing her to work harder. danielle, in turn, would respond with snarky remarks and jabs at y/n's study habits. they hated each other, although there was a secret attraction that they both tried to ignore.

one time, they got the same score in an exam.

"i cannot believe we scored the same," danielle rolled her eyes as y/n showed her the test paper.

"i know right. i don't ever want to have any similarities to you!"

"excuse me?"

"yeah, you heard me."

"you asshole."

they flipped through their papers, glancing through it. "hey, let me see which questions you got wrong," danielle said, snatching y/n's paper off her hands.

"hey! i didn't say you could take it!"

"too late," danielle teased as she flipped through the paper.

"ha! you got this wrong and i got it right!" she pointed as she spotted a question y/n got wrong.

"so? you got this wrong and i got it right, and it's way more difficult," y/n pointed at another question and grinned smugly at danielle.

"tch, this is lame," danielle said, annoyed.

"well, you started it!" y/n yelled as danielle walked away.

soon, the final exams approached, the tension between y/n and danielle reached new heights. they studied harder than ever before, determined to come out on top. they would glare and tease each other, downgrading each other's ability to do well.

on the day that the results were announced, danielle scored a 97/100 - the highest grade in the class. she strutted over to y/n's desk, waving her test paper in triumph.

"how much did you get?" she asked y/n.

"95."

"i told you i'd beat you," danielle said, smirking.

"yeah, yeah. fine. you win."

y/n watched as danielle walked away, beaming with pride. she then secretly pulled out her test paper - 100/100.

"if you're happy, i'm happy," y/n mumbled as she smiled, watching danielle babble about her score to her friends.