CHAPTER 4

I wake up to find Ophelia snuggled into me, her face peaceful as a smile plays on her lips. My eyes fall to my belt on the floor and I smirk at the thought of her replaying last nights events in her dreams.

I detangle my hands from her hair and gently roll over to my side to hug her properly, soaking this in while it lasts.

I groan as I hear footsteps in the hallway, no doubt the cleaning lady. The footsteps come closer as she knocks on the door, knocking again when there's no response.

To my surprise Fia suddenly jolts in the bed, sitting up as her eyes are glued to the door, her breathing coming out in rapid pants. "Who's that?" she asks, her eyes wide with fear.

"It's just the cleaning lady Fia," I say softly, pulling her into my lap as I sit up. She nods rapidly and I trace my fingers up and down her back, sitting with her as her breathing slows down. "You wanna tell me what's wrong?" I ask gently, already knowing her answer.

She shakes her head and leans into me, her eyes glued to the door as the cleaning lady's footsteps become more distant.

We sit like this for a few minutes before Fia removes my arms, "I don't feel like being touched right now," she murmurs, getting out of bed.

She immediately hisses in pain and sits back down, rolling over to her stomach when that also is too painful.

I resist the urge to smirk at how well I fucked her and choose to stay on her previous remark.

"Is everything ok Ophelia?" I ask her again, keeping my hands in my lap. She nods and sinks her head into the covers, her troubled eyes closing. I frown but don't press any further, not wanting to push her away.

"Do you want me to run you a bath?" I ask, slowly standing up off the bed. She nods and I walk into the ensuite, turning the tap on as I wait for the bath to fill. I walk into my wardrobe and take out my smallest pair of sweats and one of my hoodies and leave them folded in the bathroom. I check the water temperature and walk back out to find Fia laying on the bed, her eyes still closed.

"Do you want me to carry you to the bathroom?" I ask, hoping she says yes and spares herself the pain of walking.

Instead, she shakes her head, "I'll be alright," she says quietly, standing up on shaking legs before painfully hobbling to the bathroom. I wince but don't protest, respecting her request for not being touched anymore.

She closes the door behind her and I hear it lock. I stand motionless for a moment, my mind racing through all the possibilities as of why and how she acts like this.

I decide to not think about it anymore, letting her decide when or whether she tells me. I walk back to my wardrobe and slip into a pair of black cargos, a fashion choice I make which is relentlessly scorned upon by Luca and Marco, as it's not the usual attire for a Mafia Don. I put on t-shirt and a black hoodie before walking out of the bedroom, ensuring to close the door behind me.

I make my way into the kitchen and assess the breakfast situation, frowning when I see the limited options. I settle on making waffles since I know Fia likes those.

I'm stopped in my tracks when I hear Ophelia scream. I almost jump out of my skin before immediately running back to my room, kicking down the bathroom door.

"Adelyn's pregnant! She's fucking pregnant!" Fia squeals, waving her phone in my face.

I let out a sigh and run my hand down my face, "Fuck Fia I thought something happened to you,"

"It did! I'm going to be a fucking auntie!" she screeches, her eyes wild with excitement.

Realisation suddenly sets in and I freeze. "They're pregnant?" I ask in disbelief, a laugh escaping my mouth.