CHAPTER 10

TW: PANIC ATTACKS AND MENTIONS OF ABUSE
———————————————————

I was supposed to leave today, and go on my next travels, but I decided to wait for a few days, not for any particular reason, but I just like Spain.

I sigh and turn the TV off, Love Island is not giving as much drama as I thought it would and now I'm disappointed.

I look over at the clock on the wall and groan when I see it's only 9 o'clock, way too early to go to bed yet.

I groan and lie down fully on my couch, putting a hand over my eyes as I try to think of what to do.

I could pack for my travels but I just don't feel like it, I haven't even booked tickets to anywhere, because after yesterdays revelations about Carlos' parents I don't really feel like leaving anytime soon. I don't know if I'll reach out to him, and I doubt he'll reach out to me, but it's a silent comfort to know we're so close to each other.

I suddenly hear a sharp knock on my front door, I sit up when it's soon followed by another loud knock. Confused at who it could be at this time, I get up and slowly walk to my door, holding my gun close to me. The knock sounds again so I decide to just open the door instead of fucking around.

I unlock it and open it, my entire world crashing when I see who it is. Suddenly my head is underwater and my lungs don't seem capable of breathing air in. No noise leaves my open lips as I stand face to face with him.

The man who abused me and hurt me for 7 years of my life, taking my childhood and my innocence away from me.

"Ma fille," he whispers, his voice dripping with venom as his beady eyes rake down my body.

My body goes into autopilot mode as I slam the door shut in his face, locking it as my fingers fumble to find the locks. I let out a sob as my legs break under me, my arms clutching at the small table against the wall. I hold myself up as my breathing becomes more and more rapid.

"Ophelia let me in," my Father booms, his fists coming up to pummel the door. My body begins to tremble as the sound of him pounding on the door throws me back to my childhood.

I hear him rattling with the doorknob and my body suddenly loses all strength, the cruel memories replaying in my mind.

"Ophelia let me in, Daddy wants to say goodnight," I hear my Dad's voice as he fiddles with the locked door handle.

Suddenly a loud bang sounds and the door flings open before he shuts it behind him. I try to act as if I'm asleep, still hurt and confused about last night. That's why I locked my door tonight. Last night I let him in, because he said he wanted to show me a surprise since I'm 10 now, he says now I'm a big girl.

I try to make my breathing seem as if I'm asleep as I hear his footsteps slowly approaching my bed, footsteps which have haunted me all day.

"You're not wearing the nightie I got you for your birthday," I hear him say quietly. I told him I liked it but I was only pretending. It's too tight and it's red, which is not a colour I like wearing.

I let out a whimper when I feel him sit on my bed, his hand coming up to my back before sliding down to my chest and down to the end of my pyjama shorts. Paralysed with fear I lie there, my eyes tightly shut as he pulls my pyjama shorts off.