CHAPTER 48

"I can't even remember the last time I was in France," I murmur, resting my chin on my Fia's shoulder as the plane lands.

"After your parents kidnapped me," she yawns, making me frown.

"You seem to ok with that happening," I say, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You gotta laugh or you'll cry," she shrugs, making me chuckle.

I cling onto her tightly as we land, making sure she doesn't fall from her seat as I wrap my arms around her waist.

"You're such a teddy bear," she giggles, her arms hugging my neck.

"Your teddy bear," I mumble, watching as her cheeks blush a light shade of pink.

"Good boy," she teases, pinching my cheek as I grin at her.

She lets out her beautiful little laugh and I hug her tighter, as if I'm scared she's going to leave again.

I know she won't, I'm just making extra sure of it.

"I'm not going anywhere mon amour," she whispers gently, pressing a kiss onto my forehead.

"I know Fia," I smile, looking up at my pretty girl as her eyes shine.

"I love you," I murmur, repeating the same three words I'll never get tired of saying, like the sweetest music to my ears as she says them back.

"I love you too Carlos," she says, squeezing my neck tightly in a hug.

I grin again as the plane lands, waiting for the doors to open and my men to set the ramp up before standing up and waiting for my Fia.

I wrap an arm around her waist as we walk down, the guards all looking down as Fia passes them.

I smirk as none of them dare to look at her, pressing a kiss onto her forehead as we walk over to my car.

I open the door for her and wait for her to sit down before shutting it and walking around to my side.

I sit inside and start the car, passing my Fia my phone to put on some music.

"You wanna listen to Taylor Swift?" she asks, her eyes glinting with amusement as I scoff, "When will I ever say no to that?"

She laughs and presses shuffle on my playlist, Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince beginning to play.

I don't understand why so many men have a problem with Taylor Swift.

She's a fucking lyrical genius.

I sing along to the words as I get google maps out to start the drive, happy that it's only 30 minutes from the airport.

I place a hand on my Fia's thigh as she leans back in her seat, humming along as she enjoys the scenery.

France is possibly one of the most beautiful places I've been to, and if it weren't for work I'd suggest that we stay here more often.

Obviously I still love Spain, but it would be nice for Fia to be able to spend more time in her home country too.

I feel the corners of my lips tilt up when my Fia interlocks our fingers on her lap, holding on tightly as she looks out the window.

I admire the small French buildings as they whip past us, holding the steering wheel with my knee as I change gears, quickly using my free hand to turn a corner.

I shoot another glance at my Fia to see her eyes closed, her breathing evening as she falls asleep.

I love her so much.

————

"This is cute," I smirk, walking through the door to my Fia's apartment.

"It's cosy," she smiles, and I chuckle at her idea of 'cosy'.

It's 2 stories with a pool out the back, although it's still too cold to use it right now.

"The biggest bedroom is upstairs, so you can put your stuff in there for now," Fia says, wrapping an arm around my waist as she leads me up the staircase.

I throw an arm around her shoulders and pull her closer to me, grinning as she giggles, leaning her head against my chest as we walk up the stairs.

I love this girl so much.

My Fia pushes open a door to reveal a neatly laid out bedroom, smaller than the other ones we've stayed in, but still big enough for the two of us.

She lets out a sigh and sits on the bed, smiling fondly as she looks around.

"This was the first apartment I bought after I moved out," she says, smiling her beautiful smile at me.

"It's beautiful," I murmur, walking over to her as she wraps her arms around my torso.

"How about we have a shower?" I offer, tilting her chin up.

"I'm tired," she breathes out, her head falling against me.

"You know, normal people have showers to relax and clean themselves, not just to have sex," I tease, watching amused as she blushes.

"I just thought you should know that I'm tired," she shrugs, standing up and walking over to the ensuite.

"Oh right," I laugh, watching as she narrows her eyes at me.

"You're so adorable when you're mad," I tease, throwing my arm over her shoulder as we walk into the ensuite and I close the door.

"Oh yeah?" she asks dryly, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Only when you're fake mad, when you're actually angry it's scary," I try to recover, not wanting her to feel like I don't take her seriously.

She laughs and wraps her arms around me, "I know, you don't have to defend yourself," she laughs, and I let out an exaggerated sigh of relief.

She lets out a sigh and leans against me, making me frown. "Everything alright Fia?" I ask softly, taking out her claw clip in case she has a headache.

She nods, "I'm just tired, and feel strange," she sighs.

"Like sick?" I ask, immediately feeling worried.

"I dunno, a shower will make me feel better," she smiles.

I nod and pull my shirt off, stepping into the shower to turn it on.

I make sure the water is the right temperature before undressing, smiling as my Fia looks at her reflection.

"Do I look bloated to you?" she asks with a frown.

"No? You look normal," I say in a confused tone, trying to find out what's wrong.

She looks as beautiful as always.

She shrugs, "Just girl things," she says, winking at me before stepping into the shower.

I chuckle and follow her in, smiling as the hot water runs down my body.

I take my Fia's face in my hands and gently kiss her, "You're beautiful Fia, don't you ever forget that," I whisper, feeling my heart melt as she smiles softly at me.

"I love you," she says, her eyes shining.

"I love you more," I grin, feeling better as she laughs.

"How did I end up with such an amazing girlfriend," I laugh, hugging her tightly as she laughs again.

"You're pretty lucky," she teases, her hair sticking to her shoulders.

"The luckiest," I grin, kissing the water droplets off her nose.

I love her.

//

So pretty short chapter, but I'm uploading the next one as soon as I publish this one, so hopefully that makes up for it,

Abi <3