CHAPTER 61

Butterflies swarm my stomach as I look at myself in the mirror, joy mixing with sadness as Mama isn't here to see me.

I chose a dress similar to Mama's one when she got married, simply because I want a part of her with me today.

"You like like an angel," Adelyn whispers, her eyes already brimming with tears as she looks at me.

I smile as I pat my hands over my dress, smoothing it out as I take in a shaky breath.

Her wedding dress:

I lost track of the amount of dresses I tried on, but as soon as I tried this one on I knew it was the one

It's so elegant and graceful, making me feel like I'm floating when I walk.

And I know Mama would love it.

"I can't believe we get to walk you down the aisle," Val says, her hands covering her mouth as she tries not to cry.

I asked Adelyn and Val if they'd walk me down the aisle to Carlos. I had always pictured Mama doing it, but there's something special about my two best friends doing it.

"You ready?" Adelyn asks.

"Yeah," I breathe out, taking the bouquet which she hands me.

They both smile proudly at me as they put their arms out for me. I feel the butterflies in my stomach disappear as I slip my arms through theirs', laughing as they both kiss my cheek at the same time.

We slowly walk out of the dressing room and across the hall, through the sliding glass doors and down the path marked with white flowers.

We decided on an outdoors wedding, at a garden known for their owls at night, so Mama can be with us today.

I hear hushed voices as we turn a corner, the flower arch coming into view as soft music begins to play.

I hear the voices quiet down as we approach, stopping under the arch at the top of the aisle.