CHAPTER 29

I sigh and exhale, the smoke forming rings before me, filling my office with dirty smoke.

It's been 2 days since I arrived back in Spain, and Kyle left this morning.

Part of me feels guilty about that, but Ophelia and I were never together, more so now than ever, so there's no reason to feel guilty.

It's not like it was anything special, just a way to distract myself, and Kyle knows that.

I take another drag and look up when there's a knock at the door. "Come in," I say in a bored tone, resisting the urge to roll my eyes when a pale faced man appears, visibly sweating as he looks at me.

Since when did my men fear me so much? I thought I was a fun leader.

"D-don, um, your b-brother is here," he stammers, the cigarette burning my hand as I squash it.

"What?" I snap, "Send him away," I slam my hands down on my desk as I stand up.

"H-he says he has M-miss Aubert," the man stutters, his eyes widening as I stalk towards him, "Where is he?" I growl, shoving past the stupid man as he leads me downstairs.

I grab my gun as he leads me to the front entrance and through the front door. I see a car parked outside the front gates, my pathetic excuse of a brother hanging his head out as he argues with guards stationed there.

"I'll take it from here," I grit out, signalling to the guards to open the gates. I walk up to the car as Diego gets out, phone in hand as he plasters a stupid grin on his face.

"Put your gun down before she gets killed," he says cooly, eyeing the gun in my hand as I reluctantly toss it to the ground.

"You have one week to surrender leadership to me or the girl dies," he says simply, shoving his phone in my face.

I scan the screen and my jaw locks when it's a photo of her passed out in a car.

"We're at a house in France, if you want to save her you come alone and sign the documents to hand leadership to me, if not, we give her to Claude," he smiles at me, knowing he's got me.

"Here's the address, I hope to see you soon," he says smugly, passing me a piece of paper before turning and walking back to his car.

Without registering my actions I grab my gun and shoot him in the back of his leg, making sure not to kill him before turning around and walking back inside.

I pull out my phone and call Luca, "Is Oph-" I cut him off as I grab the keys to my bike, "No she's fucking not," I snap, "I expected her to be safe in France with you but apparently not," my knuckles turn white from gripping my phone as I walk to my garage and start my bike.

"Fratello don't let your anger get the better of you, Adelyn went out with her last night and came home without Ophelia," Luca says calmly.

"What do you mean she came home without Ophelia?" I snap, speeding out of the estate as I head towards the airport.

"As in Adelyn called my crying because a man had taken her, security tried to stop him but they weren't quick enough," Luca's voice becomes firmer as I ride along the road.

"Diego took her," I say bitterly, "I'm riding to the airport and flying to France now,"

"I've already got men looking for her," Luca says, "Why didn't you tell me when it happened?" I almost laugh, unable to understand why he didn't tell me the second Ophelia was taken.

"Because I didn't think you were on talking terms, I assumed you'd forgotten each other," Luca sighs.

"So fucking what she's still mine," I snap, "If anything happens to her you fucking tell me," I seethe, now dodging through traffic as I race to the airport.