CHAPTER 13

Don't ask me why I agreed and even offered to go to Switzerland with Ophelia in the middle of December, because the truth is I don't know.

Although it's beautiful at this time of year, it's fucking cold, but the idea of spending Christmas with my Fia amidst all of this pretty landscape is quite appealing. And no one knows where we are, so that makes everything better.

I don't know how long we'll stay here, but I'm hoping it will be to at least next year, and then we'll visit other places too.

We landed a little over an hour ago and now I'm driving us to the lodge which Fia owns in Switzerland. I decided against my motorbike purely because the roads are icy and I don't want to put my Fia at risk like that.

I look over at Fia and smile when I see her comfortably asleep, a small smile on her lips as her fingers stay interlocked with mine on her thigh. Her auburn hair covers her face as she lies back in her seat, blissfully unaware of the cold outside.

I turn the heat up slightly when I feel a cold shiver run up my spine and hope that there's a fireplace at Fia's lodge.

It's a lodge in Switzerland. Of course there's going to be a fireplace.

I roll my eyes at the voice in my head and sigh.

Everything's happened so quickly, and in all honesty I'm not sure how I feel about that. I wanted to escape life back home because it was all getting too overwhelming. Both of our parents after us, which usually wouldn't phase me, but with the press now knowing about Fia and I, it would make it more difficult to keep to ourselves until we have everything sorted.

The fact that out true relationship status is up in the air right now doesn't help. The world thinks we're dating, our friends wish we were dating, but neither of us have said anything about it. We've kissed, and not just during sex, which makes it all the more confusing.

We act like a couple, but we're not one. On one hand I'm grateful because it means there's less expectations, but at the same time it would be nice to know where we stand with each other.

I also now know why my Fia left last time and why she said it would be better to stay out of each others lives, for she was dealing with her Father, and now that my own family has returned into my life, it's the safest option to just stay friends.

For her safety I want to push her away, but my heart is in a constant battle with my head, every inch of me wanting her to stay.

I hear her stir beside me and I steal a glance to see her blue eyes flutter open. She shifts her position and gives me a small smile, her fingers still interlocked with mine. "We're twenty minutes away Fia," I say softly. She hums and closes her eyes, turning to face me as she seemingly drifts back to sleep.

I slow down as I turn another icy corner and smile as I speed up the hill, liking how isolated the lodge is.

It's up in the mountains, surrounded by trees and rivers, the perfect place for us to hide out.

I move my focus back to the slippery path ahead as I navigate the roads which are quickly turning dark as night falls. My headlights automatically switch on and I lean back in my seat, slightly relaxing.

I smile when I see the driveway, fluffy snow covering the cobblestone. I let out a happy sigh as I see the stone bollards coated in snow out the front of the elegant house. The light wood shaping it, large windows allowing vision into the beautiful house. The tall trees create silhouettes behind the house and I feel a calm wash over me as I realise we are totally alone.

I pull into the garage and turn the car off, leaning over to kiss my Fia. A small smile forms on her lips as I let my lips rest against her temple.

"Wake up amore, we're here," I whisper, kissing her again. She murmurs something as her pretty eyes open, lighting up as she takes in her surroundings.