CHAPTER 59

I look up at Carlos as he sucks in a sharp breath, confused at why he's so nervous.

"Your Mother made me promise I'd look after you and the baby," he murmurs, gently kissing my lips as his hands cradle my face.

My hand comes up to cover my mouth as he lowers himself down onto one knee, a small box in his hand.

He opens the velvet box to reveal a ring, "And I want to do that as your husband," he whispers.

My eyes fill with tears which have become all too familiar recently, unable to speak as I look at Carlos one his knee before me.

"You're asking me to marry you," I breathe out, unable to come to terms with what's happening.

I've never wanted to be tied down like this, but with Carlos it feels different.

"You and me against the world Fia," he whispers, his eyes looking up at me with a look I've never seen before.

"You want me to be your wife?" I don't know if I'm saying or asking, my gaze going blurry.

"I want that more than anything in the world my Fia," his voice breaks as his eyes turn red.

"Ophelia I've wanted you since the moment I saw you, I want nothing more than to call you my wife, I want to protect our family from everything which has ever hurt us. I want to be there to hold you for the rest of our lives, I want to be whole for our baby. I want you and nothing else. We've already been with each other through better and worse," his voice breaks again as a lone tear rolls down his cheek.

"My Fia," his voice is tight, "I love you so much it physically hurts, please let it stay that way,"

My shoulders shake as I begin to cry, my hands covering my mouth to muffle the sobs which threaten to escape.

Unable to speak I put my hand out, shaking as he slides the ring on.

I collapse in front of him, wrapping my arms around his neck as he holds my waist, holding me in place as I hug him.

"I love you so much Carlos," I sob, feeling so pathetic to react this way.

He buries his face in the crook of my shoulder, his arms holding me so gently yet so tightly.

"I love you," he whispers, his hand cradling my head as I lean back to look at him.

I smile as salty tears fill my mouth, using my thumb to wipe away his, "Don't cry mon amour," I whisper.

He smiles softly at me and tenderly kisses me, "They're happy tears, I promise," he laughs, making me smile.

I press my lips against his as he holds me, his arms secure around me as I kiss him.

"You and me forever," I whisper,

"Never leaving again," his lips brush against mine as I can't help but smile.

I laugh and wrap my arms tighter around his neck, wanting to stay in this moment forever.

Carlos presses soft kisses into my cheek as he smiles against my skin, "I love you Fia," he murmurs, making me laugh again.

"I love you too Carlos," I tease gently, my hand tangling in his hair as he stands up, taking me with him.

He spins me around before placing me back on the ground, pressing his lips against mine as I smile.

I kiss him back as his tongue asks for entrance, immediately sweeping the inside of my mouth as I grant it.

Our lips move against each other as his strong arms hold me, my hands either side of his neck as he tilts my chin up.

We break away from each other to catch our breath before our lips crash back together, my moan swallows by his mouth as he gently bites down onto my lip.

His tongue sweeps my mouth again as I smile into the kiss, deepening it as I go up onto my tip toes.

Our lips move together slowly, both soaking in the moment whilst we can. His hands drop to the curve of my waist, holding me ever so gently as his lips curve into a smile against mine.

We pull away from each other as Carlos' hand goes to the back of my head, holding me as our foreheads rest against each other.

"Do you like the ring my Fia?" he asks, his voice almost hesitant.

I look down at my hand, smiling at the ring on my finger.

It's not a traditional wedding ring, the diamond in the shape of a flower, glints of pink glistening in the sunlight.

"It's beautiful," I breathe out, unable to tear my gaze away from the pretty piece of jewellery

"I'm so glad you like it," his voice is a relieved laugh, his smile as beautiful as ever as his eyes shine at me.

"I love you Fia," he says, his hand cupping the side of my face.

I smile as I put my hand over his, "I love you Carlos."

I can't help but grin as I look at him, the same excitement from the pregnancy test washing over me as reality hits me once more.

I wrap my arms around his neck as I laugh, "We're getting married!" I gasp, squeezing his neck as his arms wrap around my waist.

"I can't wait," Carlos chuckles.

"Oh my god we need to start planning," I suddenly say, pulling away from Carlos as he gives me an amused look.

"I don't want to be super pregnant when we get married," I say firmly, narrowing my eyebrows at Carlos.

"The sooner the better," Carlos nods, swooping an arm around my waist as we continue to walk down the path.

"You're probably better at planning the wedding than me," Carlos confesses, "You have my full trust and support in any decisions,"

I smile as I hug my arms around Carlos' torso, "Can we have the wedding in France?" I ask, looking up at him, "Obviously we'll go back to Spain afterwards though," I quickly add.

"Sounds perfect Fia," Carlos smiles softly at me.

Perfect.

//

Bit of a short chapter, but I hope it was still ok,

Also what sort of dress do we imagine Ophelia in?? I've been looking on pinterest and I can't decide between like a ball gown wedding dress or a tight-fitting one like Adelyn's, so let me know what you think!!

I'm gonna start writing the next chapter after I publish this one, so I'll post again sometimes in the next 2-3 days,

Until then, have a good day/night and don't forget to vote!!

Abi <3