CHAPTER 2

"Lukie's getting married," I tease, laughing at my best friend as he buttons up his suit. He raises an unimpressed eyebrow at me but doesn't say anything.

"Have fun walking into the reception with Fia," Marco teases me back, a wicked smile on his face.

I feel my smile falter as someone else calls her Fia. That's my name for her, just for me, no one else.

I hum in response and turn back to the mirror, adjusting my suit. I sit down in the couch in the dressing room and wait for Luca to finish getting ready. Asshole never cared about his appearance, but now he "has to look acceptable for Adelyn,"

I share a glance with Marco as Luca touches up his hair, both thinking the same thing. "Alright peacock we gotta go now," I sigh, slapping my knees as I stand up, "The brides supposed to be late, not you," I wink at him, causing him to roll his eyes.

We make our way outside to where the wedding is being held, walking to the end of the aisle as guests start to pile in.

Marco starts talking to his parents as Luca and I stand together. "You gonna cry?" I ask him, to which he glares at me. "I'm not going to fucking cry idiota, I'm not you," he adds, causing me to place a heavy hand on my heart. "Ouch," I wince, taking a step back. Luca chuckles and places a hand on my shoulder, "If I cry I give you full permission to make fun of me," he says, his eyes shining as a smirk plays on his lips. "Way ahead of you hermano," I chuckle.

Marco comes up to us, "The girls are on their way," he says in a low voice, reminding us to get to our places. I nod and turn back to Luca, "Good luck brother," I say quietly, patting his shoulder before taking my place beside Marco.

The guests start to settle as music begins to play, the grand doors opening as Val and Ophelia enter.

I suck in a sharp breath when I see her. See her for the first time since my injury, since she left me during surgery, since she left and took my heart with her.

Her blue gaze is fixed on the walk ahead of her as her auburn hair hangs loosely down her back. Her tight black dress complimenting her figure as she walks gracefully down the aisle. Her eyes dart around until they fall on me, lingering before her cheeks burn a light shade of pink, her tongue poking the inside of her cheek as she walks to the other side of the alter, waiting for her cousin to walk down.

A new song begins playing and Adelyn emerges, yet I can't take my eyes off Ophelia. The way her pretty eyes fill with tears as she watches her beloved cousin walk down the man she loves. The way her plump lips curve into the most beautiful smile, as if this is the happiest she's ever been.

I resist the urge to smirk when I hear Luca sniff, a tear running down his cheek before he quickly wipes it away. I smile as Adelyn reaches the end of the aisle, taking Luca's hand as she steps up to the alter.

My best friend is finally getting married. I must admit I never saw this day coming, with his pissy attitude and zero tolerance for everyone and anyone under the sun, but it seems as if he's met his match. Met a girl who makes him run around and do her bidding, all with a willing smile on his face. In some ways I'm sad that I'm losing my best friend, but they both deserve this.

I try to listen to everything which is being said, but my eyes keep falling to a pair of ocean blue ones. I smile as I take in my Fia's beauty for the first time in too long. Her lightly tanned skin making her hair stand out more, the very picture of beauty.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when the officiator asks for the rings to be presented. I quickly take them out of my pocket and hand them to the elderly man, whose eyes are shining as he looks between Luca and Adelyn.