CHAPTER 43

I've been in this meeting for a fucking hour and I'm already bored out of my mind.

I don't even know what it's for, which is ironic considering I'm the Don.

If it were up to me, I'd still be at home with my Fia, spending the day like all the others over the past month.

Doing whatever we like, going on an adventure every day, always returning back home in the end. Returning together, like it's going to stay for the rest of our lives.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when one of my most trusted men speaks, "Don what do you think?" he asks, a solemn look on his face.

"About what?" I sigh, trying not to roll my eyes.

"The Americans, their Don wants to strike a deal with you," he says calmly, and I can tell my lack of focus is getting on his nerves.

"I'm not making deals with them, I don't like their leader," I say simply.

Everyone knows John Walker, possibly the biggest womaniser the underworld has ever seen. And the fucker has a 7 year old son, who I have no doubt till turn out exactly like him.

Not to mention the fact that he's looking after his deadbeat brothers son, another boy for him to fuck up and make turn out exactly like him.

He nods at me, and goes to speak but is interrupted by my phone going off.

I look down to see a message from my Fia, my smile being wiped from my face when I read it.

My Fia

My Fia: Ur parents are here

I don't think 4 words have ever made my world stop as quickly as those. My head beginning to spin as I stand up.

"Meeting over," I bark out, pushing the door open as I run to the staircase, making my way down the stairs as quickly as I can, rushing to my car.

Of course it's the one day I drive my car, the one day I actually need to be fast.

I push through the foyer of busy people and open the doors at the front of the building, locating my car parked out of the front.

I get in a shoot a text to Fia, telling her I'll be there in 15 minutes, hopefully 10 if the traffic is good.

I start my car and immediately turn out onto the road, ignoring the loud honking from behind me as I immediately start speeding.

I mutter a prayer to anyone who will listen as the lights remain green, allowing me to speed through, overtaking cars in front of me as I do so.

I groan at the thought of my Fia being in the house with them. They're sick. I don't know what they'll do to her and I dread to think what I'll find when I arrive home.

"Fuck!" I yell, slamming my hand on the steering wheel as a light turns red, the car in front of me stopping.

I wait for what feels like an eternity, my knuckles turning white from my tight grip on the steering wheel, immediately driving off when the light turns green again.

I overtake the car in front of me, allowing me to turn into the private road leading up to my estate.

I press my foot against the accelerator as far down as it will go, driving as fast as my car will allow me as I get to my Fia as quickly as I can.