EPILOGUE

4 YEARS LATER
—————————————————

"Where are you Pequeño búho?" I hear Carlos call out, laughter ringing in his voice as we hide behind a tree.
[Little owl]

Clarisse lets out an adorable giggle as she slaps a hand over her mouth, her eyes widening as she hears her Dad walking closer.

"Don't give away our position ma chérie," I whisper, smiling at my daughter as she giggles again, clutching onto my arm.

"Ha! I found you!" Carlos exclaims, swooping up our daughter as she squeals with laughter.

"You found us Daddy!" she laughs, clapping her hands as he squeezes her in a hug.

"I always find my girls," Carlos teases, sitting down beside me as I lean against him.

I gave birth to Clarisse 3 years ago, and since tomorrow is her 4th birthday Carlos insisted on doing something every day for her birthday week.

She chose to go to our favourite park after our pancakes for dinner, since it's a hot spot for owls and like Mama, she loves spotting them.

"Daddy can we play again?" Issy asks, her soft eyes shining as she looks at Carlos.

"I want to find you and Mama this time though," she says in a matter-of-fact voice.

"Count to ten chérie and we'll hide," I say, smiling as Issy looks at me.

"No cheating," Carlos warns, wiggling his finger at our daughter as she lets out another adorable giggle.

"I never cheat Daddy," she says innocently, batting her lashes as I roll my eyes.

She was his wrapped around her little finger, I'm convinced she could murder someone and Carlos would tell her 'good job' and take her out for ice cream.

Carlos takes my hand as we stand up, watching as Issy covers her eyes and starts counting loudly.

Carlos wraps an arm around me as he presses a kiss onto my forehead.

"Where should we hide my Fia?" he asks, his eyes shining as he looks back at our daughter.

"Near the flowers by the pond," I suggest, knowing it's easy enough for Issy to find us.

"Perfect idea as usual," Carlos laughs loudly, making me grin.

We settle down behind the flowers and I lean against Carlos.

"I can't beat her counting anymore," he whispers loudly, making me chuckle.

"Don't give away our position," I scold him, flicking his arm.

"She's coming," Carlos hisses, crouching down further as I follow.

I watch on as our daughter walks around the trees, poking her little head around each tree.

I smile as I look on, her pretty auburn hair just like Mama's, her little coat hugging her small frame.

Every time I look at her I can't help but think how beautiful she is.