CHAPTER 35

"I'm never leaving again."

I can't help but replay those 4 words in my mind, over, and over again.

My Fia is never leaving me again.

I smile when she stirs beside me, stretching her arm out before hugging me tightly.

"Good morning my Fia," I murmur, leaning down to kiss her forehead as her lips curve into a small smile. She hums and pulls herself closer to me, looking up at me with an adorable smile.

I gently move her hair out of her face as she yawns, sighing before resting her head back on my chest.

"What time is it?" she asks, her fingers lightly tracing the tattoos on my side. I reach over and grab my phone off the nightstand, "One o'clock in the afternoon," I chuckle, putting my phone back as she immediately sits up.

"How long was I sleeping for?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

I close my eyes and shrug, putting my hands behind my head, "Never was much of a Maths guy," I yawn, laughing when my Fia tackles me into another hug.

"Wanna make breakfast?" I ask, slowly sitting up and sliding her onto the bed. "Brunch," she corrects me, "But yes," she quickly adds. I stand up and chuckle when my Fia puts her arms out for me. I gently pick her up and let out a sigh when she rests her head on my chest, and it's only now I realise she's wearing my necklace.

"Were you wearing that last night?" I ask, frowning when she shakes her head, "I put it in my pocket when I went out, but I put it back on last night," she explains.

"Why put it in your pocket?" I ask, trying to sound insane, "It felt wrong to wear it after I left, but I still wanted but with me in some way,"

I chuckle at her little antics, "You can wear it forever now," I smile, feeling my heart melt at the adorable smile she gives me, "I'm never taking it off," she says in a serious tone. I narrow my eyes at her, "Staying forever," I say rather than ask.

"Forever," she murmurs, leaning up to place a kiss on my lips. I feel butterflies swarm my stomach as I stop on the middle on the stairs and kiss her back.

Her lips form a smile against mine as her arms wrap around my neck. I break the kiss and lean my forehead against hers, catching our breath as she closes her eyes and kissed me one more time.

"You and me forever Carlos," she whispers, her hand cupping my face as she looks at me with gentle eyes, "Forever," I murmur, kissing her jawline as I continue walking down the stairs.

My Fia sighs as there's voices in the kitchen, "You alright Fia? Should we come back later?" I hurriedly ask, not wanting her to be uncomfortable.

"I just don't want to be bombarded with hugs again, but let's go because I'm starving," she says, her head falling to my shoulder.

"Ok amore," I smile, kissing her one more time before entering the loud kitchen.

"Lia!" Adelyn squeals, running up to her cousin.

"Woah Adelyn," I laugh, quickly turning around to she runs into me and not Fia.

"Don't block me from my cousin," she whines, turning me back around to gently kiss Fia on the cheek.

"Pregnancy has changed you," Fia grimaces, laughing at Adelyn's hurt expression.

"Come on tesoro," Luca chuckles, pulling his wife away from us and into his arms.

I sit Fia on the kitchen counter and smile as Clarisse tenderly hugs her daughter. "Feeling better now ma chérie?" she asks with a smile, "Oui Mama," my Fia responds, kissing her Mother back.