Chapter 6

Edward's POV

I can't stop thinking about my mate, that sits on my back, as I run through the familiar woods of my pack lands.

It took about a week to get to here, I wanted us to go in our human form at first, but I decided that it will be safer if I just let Oliver ride on me.

Alex thankfully wasn't much trouble, and we managed to get to my pack safely, with a help of my great sense of smell.

I run towards my house, and when I stop in front of it, Oliver slides off of me.

I shift quickly, before I take some shorts from my bag.

I put them on, and I take the bags in one hand, so I can open the door with my other hand.

I let Oliver inside first, and I lead him to the living room.

I make us some tea, and I take a few snack on my way back to the living room.

I set our cups on the coffee table, along with the snacks, and I give Alex his bottle with tea inside, which he happily takes.

"Are you alright?" I ask Oliver, he smile at me slightly, and he nod his head.

"I'm fine, it's just a lot to get used to." He tells me.

"Let's watch some movie, and eat a few snacks, then we can have some pizza for dinner, and we will be ready to get some rest. Alright?" I ask him.

"I'm not hungry." He refuses.

"I know that you are." I tell him, and he rolls his eyes, but he takes the chocolate bar, and he opens it, before eh takes some of it for himself.

I smile at him, and he sticks his tongue out at me, making me laugh.

"Alright, you probably already know that, but there is a chance that you're pregnant, so will have to check it soon." I tell him, and he nods in agreement, he doesn't seem bothered by it.

In this pack we can use protection, but it doesn't work half of the time for wolves, so eventually everyone gets pregnant anyway.

So, not many people bother to use it, since they don't deem it useful.

I don't know if I should tell Oliver that I'm he's mate, the Goddess' laws says that he should find out when he's seventeen, but I don't care about that at all.

We sit in silence, while watching some random movie, before I feel Alex crawl on my lap.

I hold him awkwardly, not knowing how to take care of the kids, although I'm the eldest of my siblings.

I hear Oliver chuckle, and I turn my head to see that he's laughing at me.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing." He says.

I decide to not press further, and we just stare in each other's eyes for a while.

"I have to tell you something." I say, wanting to tell him that we are mates.

"Yeah?" He asks curiously.

I open my mouth to answer, but before I can do it, my front door flies open, and in comes my best friend, Alpha Isaac.