Chapter 46

Oliver's POV

We exit the pack hospital, so Isaac and his mate can have some alone time with their baby.

And we go up the stairs, to take Alex from the babysitter, as we intended to do when we came here.

Then all three of us make our way to our house again.

"You will have a new friend to play with." I tell Alex, in an excited tone.

"Mia." He tells me, most likely recognising the word friend.

"Now there will me Mia and Jasper." I tell him.

"No more." He tells me.

"I think he's jealous that Mia will have another friend." Edward tells me, and I laugh.

"Did you know that Isaac was about to have a kid?" I ask him.

"I did, but I forgot about it after my trip to your pack." He tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement.

"Did you know that Isaac wasn't meant to be an Alpha?" Edward asks, after a while of silence.

"He wasn't?" I ask, wondering what happened.

"His older brother was meant to get the position, but two years ago, when we had the Alpha ceremony, and he didn't pass it.

Then Isaac had to learn everything that he needs to know to be an Alpha, and he had to do it in a matter of months, because his father wasn't able to continue leading the pack any longer, so he had to step in.

And when he knew everything that he needed to know, we had another Alpha ceremony, Isaac passed it, so he's an Alpha now." Edward explains, making me frown.

"I hate all this rankings, and ceremonies." I tell him.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because they're unfair." I tell him.

"I know but that's what the Moon Goddess wants, and we have to reapect her laws." He says.

"I don't care about the Moon Goddess, and her stupid laws, she just likes to watch us suffer for stupid things." I tell him.

"Don't say stuff like that." He tells me, with slightly annoyed tone.

"But that's truts, I'd she didn't want anyone to suffer, then she wouldn't let Isaac's parents get pregnant with his brother, or at least not before Isaac's born, or she would have let the older brother be the Alpha.

I'm sure that his brother was very happy that after spending a lot of time to learn how to be an Alpha, it turned out that he's not good enough for the position." I say, I have no idea why I got this annoyed.

"Alright, calm down." He tells me. "And no, he's brother wasn't happy about it, but he has accepted it, and now he lives happily with his mate and kids in this pack." He assures.

"Whatever." I say, and I try to walk a bit faster, so we can reach our house as soon as possible.

But he picks me up, and he carries me back, walking a lot slower than before.

"What?" I ask him.

"I just wanted to hug you." He tells me, so I cuddle close to him, and I close my eyes.