Chapter 42

Edward's POV

We enter the pack house, and we go straight to the Doctor's office.

Edward knocks, but there's no answer, so we decide to sit in one of the chairs that are in the corridor.

"Do you know that there is almost no chance that we will have a daughter?" I ask him.

"No. Why do you think so?" He asks.

"Omegas can only be mated to a male, so there isn't much chance that two males will have a baby that is a girl." I explain.

"It kind of makes sense, but I know an Omega that had a girl." He tells me.

"Yeah, you know one. Out of how many?" I ask him.

"Out of a lot." He says, while he chuckles to himself.

"I don't really know many Omegas." I tell him with a shrug.

"There are a few more in this pack, I'm sure you will meet them soon." He tells me, and I nod.

We sit here for a while longer, and finally the Doctor comes inside the pack hospital.

"What do you need?" He asks, as he comes towards us.

"The ultrasound." Edward tells him, and the Doctor nods, motioning for us to follow him into the room, at the back of the hospital wing.

"Lay down on the bed, and take your shirt off." The Doctor tells me.

When I'm done, he comes towards me with some machine, before he sits in the chair, that is next to the bed, while Edward sits at the edge of the bed.

I shiver when some cold as hell gel is poured on my stomach, and then the Doctor puts something to my stomach, and he moves it around.

We can see the screen, so I look at it, but I have no idea what I'm seeing.

"Where you sick, or did you just suspect that you might be pregnant?" The Doctor asks, after a while of looking at the screen.

"He was sick this morning." Edward tells him, before I can answer.

"Well, it looks like you will have to wait for a bit longer to get pregnant." He informs us, and I try to not show that I'm as disappointed as I am right now.

"Then why was Oliver sick?" Edward asks.

"I don't know yet, he's an Omega, so he might just be sick, but I will have to do a few examinations, to make sure that it's nothing serious." The Doctor responds.

He leaves us for a while, so he can get everything that he will need for the examinations, and I look at Edward while Alex plays with my fingers.

"I was hoping that we will get out of here with ultrasound pictures, not that we will be sitting here waiting for another examinations." I tell him, and he grabs my free hand in his, before he leans in to kiss me.

"It will be fine, next time you will get pregnant." He tells me, and I nod sadly.

I sit up, so we can hug for a while, but soon the Doctor comes back, and I have to lay down on the bed again.