Chapter 10

(Bri's POV)
"This person died? " Andrea asked my father.

"Who?" The redhead girl around my age asked. I heard some of her group call her Callie. So I guess that was her name.

"Test Subject 19." replied my father. My mother. I thought with a blank expression on my face.

"Someone who was bitten and agreed to let us study them." started my father.

"Bri scan forwarded to the first events. " my father asked me as I typed it into the computer system. But Vi did all the work for me.

" What is that? " Callie asked.

"It invades the brain, the brain goes into shut down, then the organs and then death." explained my father.

"Is that what happened to Jim?" The little girl asked as she looked up at her mother.

I'm afraid so, sweetie." Her mother answered.

"I hate to ask another question, Doc. But the clock, it's counting down. What happens when it reaches zero?" The old man questioned my father. I turned to look at him for an answer as I didn't even know either.

"The basement generators, they run out of fuel." replied my father. But they were just fine the last time I checked.

"Then what?" questioned Rick, but my father didn't reply and instead walked out.

"Bri, what happens when the power runs out? " Rick turned to me. I only shrugged, I didn't know the answer as it had never happened before. But I knew my father was keeping something from us.

The next thing I knew, I found myself following them chasing after my father.

————————
         ————
(Callie's POV)

We followed Dr. Jenner, as he didn't answer Rick's question. Even his own daughter didn't know.

"What the hell does that mean? Hey, I'm talking to you, oldestman. " declared Daryl as everyone followed.

"Jenner? What's happening? " Rick questioned.

" The building's dropping all non-essential uses of power. It keeps the computer running to the last possible second." explained Dr. Jenner.

"Is this true? " I questioned his daughter, who seemed to be as confused and scared as everyone else.

" It was the French. " Dr. Jenner started as he explained how the French held up the last.

"Let me tell you something." started Shane, who ran towards him angrily. I wasn't going to stop him this time.

"Everyone grab our things. We are getting the hell out of her NOW! "yelled, Rick.

Suddenly, the alarm ran, and Dr. Jenner locked the doors. "Did you just lock us in? He just locked us in! " called out Glenn.

"You son of a bitch! You locked us in here! " yelled Daryl as Shane held him back.

"Dad? " Bri asked, now she was starting to look scared.

"Dude. Tell him to open the door, " Glenn told

"There's no point. Everything topside is locked down. All emergency exits are sealed. " explained Jenner, causing everyone else to panic.

"I told you once. The moment those door close, it won't open again. " continues Jenner. "It's better this way. " he added.

"What is?" Rick questioned him before he explained again.

" Dad, please let these people leave. " begged Bri.
————————
         ————