Chapter 17

『Glenn's POV』
After the small fight between Maggie and Callie, I sat on the porch to think. I was getting mixed feelings from Maggie. I couldn't always tell if one minute she hated me or liked me, especially after the pharmacy run.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps and looked up to see Maggie coming to join me.

"He should be fine. It's just a broken nose. Should be healed in a few weeks.  What a bitch. " she said, whispering the last sentence.

" I know why Callie punched him. " I said. Not liking Maggie calling Callie a  bitch.

"What? " Maggie asked.

"She was abused by her father since she was eight. She has PTSD from it and Thomas triggered it. " I claimed.

"What? " Maggie asked, I couldn't tell if she was shocked or as if she didn't believe what I just said.

"Yeah, umm. Back at our old camp. I came back from a run. I saw something, I shouldn't have. But Callie. She made me promise not to tell anyone. I didn't like it but she threatened to never talk to me again if I said anything to Shane or anyone. " I explained.

"That's awful. I didn't know. " Maggie said. I could tell she felt sorry for what she had said.

" I should apologize. "

"You can't tell her that I told you. " I told her, still not wanting to remind Callie's and mine of our friendship.

" I won't. " Maggie replied as she walked away

I knew she would keep her promise. At least I hope she will.
———————
—————
–––
『Callie's POV』

"You should be more careful. '' my mother continued to pry as she watched Patrictia wrap my wrist. If you guess it, yup.  I broke my hand punching Thomas in the face.

" Yeah thanks for the pep talk. " I mumbled.

" There, it should be healed in a few weeks. " Patrictia said after she finished wrapping my hand.

"Would I be able to still look for Sophia? " I asked her. 

She glanced over at my mother before looking back at me. "How about you just rest for a few. Don't want you hurting anything else. " she said before she got up and left.

"How is she? " I heard Rick's voice as he walked into the kitchen.

"Should be healed in a few weeks." My mother answered him. I always hated when she spoke for me. But I just kept my mouth shut.

"Sorry Rick. I didn't mean to break his nose. " I told him. " I hope it doesn't screw the search over. "

"Let me worry about that. For now you just get some rest " said Rick. I only nodded back.

"And next time, go for the throat. Much more effective. " Rick said with a wink before he walked out of the room.

Only for me to put a small grin on me.

A few minutes passed and I found myself sitting next to a tree, tearing some grass up with my free hand.

Suddenly I heard footsteps and looked up to see Maggie making her way over.

"What do you want? " I asked.

" I want to apologize. " she started.
———————
—————
–––
『Maggje's POV』

When Glenn told me about Callie's past, I just knew I had to apologize to her for calling her a bitch. Even though I didn't like her punching Thomas in the face.

I asked Carol where I would find her and she said next to the apple tree in which I made my way over.

" I came here to apologize. '' I told her when she greet me in an unfriendly way.

" So? " she responded. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what happened. I shouldn't have called you a bitch. " I told her. "And you were right, Thomas shouldn't have done that. " I added.

It was a few moments of silence before she spoke. "' Fine. I forgive you. " I said. "Only cause I know you mean a lot to Glenn. " she added.

"I do? "

"I've seen the way be looks at you. Same way he would look at me when we were back at the quarry. " Callie explained.

I just gave her a look. Did I just steal her man?

"Oh. Nuh uh. " she said. "Glenn and I are just best friends. " she explained. " Besides, he's like a brother. I love him like a brother and that's all he will be."

"Point taken. "

Suddenly Dale and T-Dog showed up running and out of breath. " There's a walker in the well. " claimed T-Dog causing both Maggie and I to look at each other.

『Bri's POV』
The next thing we knew, everyone was gathered around the well, looking down at a big fat walker that was stuck down in it.

"Sounds like fun. " said Callie, taking off her jacket

" No way. You just broke your hand. I'll go. " said Thomas.

" Hell no. " said Maggie. "What will dad do if you got hurt. "

"This is our farm and one day I'm gonna run it. So I have to start making decisions that will help protect  us. " said Thomas.

"No offense son, but I think your both right. If something happens to your dad, it's up to you to run your farm but if something happens to you. Dale started.

" Besides, I don't think we will be able to pull you back up. " said Shane.

"So we need someone smaller than Thomas to go down the well but be able to pull back up. " said Andrea, causing everyone else to look at Glenn.

"Oh boy. " said Glenn.