Chapter 25

『Thomas' POV』

A few moments passed as we all tried to figure out a way to get my father back. By now, I would have just knocked him out cold and dragged him back like I've always done when I was younger, but I was trying to keep my beat to remain calm. 

"So what do we do? Just wait until he passes out? " Glenn asked. 

"Like you promised that little girl? " my father replied when Rick made the comment of promising Maggie to bring him back. 

Before Rick could say another word, I walked up to my father. "So what's your plan. Finish that bottle? Drink yourself to death to leave me to watch over Maggie and Beth? " I questioned him teeth gritting. 

"Stop telling me how to care for our family. My farm. " responded my father angrily. 

"My farm! It's my farm now! " I yelled at him. 

"These people are like a plague! I did the Christian thing and gave them shelter, but they destroyed it all! "

" The world was already in bad shape even before we met them! " 

"And they take no responsibility! I want them gone! Off the land! "

"No! They're staying. Lori's pregnant. My decision is final. I run things now. "

There was a moment of silence before the next sentence that came out of my father's mouth made me so mad, my face turned red, and steam was coming out of my ears. At least if I was Mrs. Pots they would be. 

The next thing I knew, my father and I were wrestling on the ground with Rick and Glenn leaping to get out of the way.