Chapter 56

『Bri’s POV』

“This could be the start of a good friendship.” said Gareth as we all sat down to eat it. Our stomachs were rumbling by now.

“Please,eat until you get full.There’s plently to go around.” stated Mary with a smile. We all looked at each other before we cautiously all took a bite. Next thing we know, we were all stuffing our mouths full of the food they had given us.

We didn't stop eating until we couldn't no more. For the next hour, though, Glenn had told Mary and Gareth our stories.

As I was listening, I still had a little bit left on my plate and wasn't going to let it go to waste. But an empty feeling in my stomach began to churn. Beth would love it here. If she was even alive. How could I finish my food knowing she was probably starving and scared somewhere.

“You okay, sweetie?” Maggie asked me.

“Yeah,just worried about Beth.” I told her.

“Whose Beth?” Alex asked.

“My sister.” said Maggie. “We got separated from a lot of our group.” she explained.

“Well,perhaps once we all get you situated and settled. We can help you search for your people.” said Alex.

“We’re not too sure who made it–” began Maggie.

“Thank you.” said Glenn, who nodded in appreciation at them.

By the time lunch was over, we all were given new clothes and were being led to the train cars. “What's going on?” Glenn asked.

“Sorry. But until we're sure that you will be willing to join Terminus. This is where you'll be staying.” said Gareth as he closed the doors.

No…No…No! Hey! Let us out! “ we all shouted as we banged on the doors.

“Sorry. We can't take any chances. We will let you out as soon as you agree to our terms.” said Gareth.

“Let us out, you chicken dick!” yelled Abraham as he slammed himself on the door. Only for it not to budge.

…….

Hours went by, and we were all plundering what to do. If only Rick were here, he would know what to do and would get us out of this mess.

Alex came by to try and talk us nicely into joining Terminus. Explaining why they were cannibals.  “No one here is gonna join you freaks.” said Glenn. Afterward, no one came by.

“Just some guards.” said Tara as she found a peek hole in the train car.

“Anything else?” Glenn asked.

“No. “ said Tara.

“We can't just sit here.” I said. “We gotta get out.”

“And we will. We just gotta wait.” reassured Maggie.

By night time, I was leaning against the wall of the rail cars. Looking at the moonlight from the cracks. Wandering if Beth was staring at the same moon as I was.

“Hey.” said Tara in a whisper as she joined beside me.

“Hey.” I replied as I played with my ring in my hand.

“Still thinking about her?” Tara asked, only for me to nod my head.

“You’ll see her again,” said Tara.

“How? We’re stuck in here with no way out “ I claimed.

“I guess you're right. Not unless we join them.” Tara suggested.