Chapter 18

『Bri's POV』
Everyone else had lined up after Thomas had handed them a rope. Shane helped Glenn down the well who didn't like the fact he was the one to have to go down.

"Did I mention that I liked your new haircut? '' Glenn asked Shane. "Looks good on you. "

"Don't worry, buddy, we will get you back in one piece. " Shane said as Glenn got ready to jump down the well.

"Living piece. The living is the most important part, " said Glenn.

"You people are crazy. " claimed Maggie.

"You want that walker out of your well?" Callie questioned her, Maggie nodded in response.

"Then let's give them an eye. '' she added, and they both walked up to the well.

"Alright. Lower him down. " Callie called.

"Slowly, please! " called Glenn.
———————
—————
–––
『Thomas' POV』
As we lowered Glenn down the well with the walker, suddenly the water pump broke, and everyone fell backwards, causing us to struggle to get Glenn up the well.

Glenn started to panic and shouted to be lifted up as Shane and I used all our muscles to pull him up.

After Glenn caught his breath. We all looked at each other.

"Well, back to the drawing board. "said Dale.

"Says you. " Glenn replied as he handed me the rope.

Once more, we all grabbed a hold of the rope. This time, we used one of the horses to help pull it up.

As we struggled a bit more, only half the walker came out, causing disappointment in all of us.

"We could just seal this well off. " suggested Dale.

Maggie and I looked at each. "Yeah, I agree. " I said.

"But what do we do about it? " Maggie asked, looking at the walker just as T-Dog smashed it with an ax.