CHAPTER CII

Melinda

Soon they will realize all that was sacrificed was in the name of success.

"Seriously... you aren't letting us go to the beach until we finish... this."

"This?"

"Yes."

"If you mean this..." Jodis gestured to the stack of papers he had just placed in front of Kiraz and me. The papers were nearly a small mountain and they consisted of the unfinished and unmended policies, initiatives, and budget corrections we had yet to review and approve since attending the trip to the Emerald Mirror Resort.

Initially, we had decided to spend the early morning with breakfast outside our villa suite near the pool area where we could get some sun and enjoy the cooler air before the temperature really started increasing. Though despite the fact that we were in our swimsuits, enjoying good food and drinks, Jodis had brought it upon himself to destroy that small piece of tranquility with the reminder that we were still King and Queen and had duties to fulfill.

Ah... how could I ever forget. I mean I didn't, but I guess it would serve us well if we did spend some of the holidays addressing the issues that would still be present once we returned to the palace.

I pouted.

"Look what you've done now, Jodis

"Look what you've done now, Jodis. My poor wife and I were really using this holiday as an excuse for the honeymoon we never got to have, now we must sit under this umbrella in the blazing hot sun... working." Kiraz teased with a bright smile. I'm sure he was hoping his guilt-tripping words would affect the usually frazzled young son of the Chancellor, but in fact, it did quite the opposite.

Jodis bared a full smile of white teeth and tapped his finger against the stack of papers. "Your words have done nothing to change my mind, Your Majesty... as my father's underhand he made me promise that I would at least get you to finish half of your work while you were here. There's always later if you wish to stroll on the beach." He replied.

Andrew himself then pouted, "You're sounding more and more like your father every day." He commented.

Jodis chuckled, "It's natural coming from a family of scholars... especially one that has served the royal family as Chancellors for generations, it's genetically-disposed at this point." He said.

"What of the results of the fashion show then? I want to see with my own eyes if the aristocrats have bent to the promotion we set against them." I said in an attempt to make another excuse.

After last evening's successful fashion show, Pritha's protege and head of the resort wear and swimsuit portion of her fashion house, Deina Sattixck, had put up the entire collection that was presented to the unsuspecting nobles for sale immediately. From what I heard, there were record sales, many had purchased the items and even this morning I was told that there were barely any pieces left because they had all sold out at the gift shop!