CHAPTER XX

Andrew

When I wake up all I see is you.

Los Angeles, California; Age 29.

"It's 90's night tonight! Put your hands up we got some of the classics for all you old-school folks!" The DJ blared through the microphone, and soon after he made his announcement, the club room filled with the sounds of TLC's Creep.

"Oh, this is my song!" I looked over at one of the girls that were in the VIP section with us who got up, one hand holding her nearly spilling drink as she swayed her hips to the rhythm of the song.

Beside me where I was having a sip of my mixed drink, Shane nudged me. I looked over at him curiously as I was in the middle of drinking my own.

"What man?" I said.

He nudged his chin in the direction of the dancing chick; I had no idea who or what her name was. I was assuming that she was another groupie one of the guys invited into the section like they always did whenever we did go out so I didn't pay her much mind.

Except now Shane was getting me to.

"She's super hot don't you think?" He asked me curiously.

I quickly took a sip and surveyed the dancing woman to get a better idea of what my friend was talking about. The woman in question was a blonde as many of the women in L.A. were; I wasn't necessarily all interested in that despite the fact that I was I blond myself. She was pretty thin and her eyes were baby blue, nothing particularly different about her than I has seen.

I shrugged, "She seems fun." I focused back on my drink and took a few more sips.

I could feel Shane's gaze boring into the side of my face so I met him halfway and looked at him, "What? Was that not enough of an answer for you?" I asked him.

He scoffed and furrowed his brow, "Bro, at least sound a little enthusiastic. You sound like you just watched a video of a dog doing tricks for thirty seconds... you know that's a woman, right?" He pressed me.

"I'm aware," I replied simply.

He sighed deeply, "I thought for sure you would at least be a bit more interested than that." He said.

I arched my eyebrow, "Are you trying to set me up with her or something? Cause she's more of your type than mine, I would've thought you would make a move or something." I took another swig of my drink and waited for his response.

He nudged me again, "I mean she is my type. You know I'm weak in the knees for the blondes, but damn bro at least hype her up, you're making me feel like I'm going after a dud." Shane brushed his dark hair away from his face and sighed in frustration.

I'm not sure what my agreeing with the level of hotness of the unknown blonde woman in our section was going to do for his sanity, but I guess I would just play around for his sake so he wouldn't nag me further.

"Yeah bro, she's definitely hot. You should definitely talk to her." I said to appease him.

Shane gave me a long look and rolled his eyes taking a swig of his own drink in hand, "I can't even pretend to believe you with that tone of voice man, never mind." He stated.

I chuckled, "Would you relax? I thought we were here to chill out, not pick up girls." I leaned back in the lounge chair and focused my attention on the dance floor below us where many bodies were grinding and shaking to the music.