CHAPTER LXXIII

Andrew

The crumbling of what was already known swallows the idle truth whole.

"What is this?"

"A gift."

"A gift for what exactly."

"Everything...really for everything you have done, your Highness."

I looked down at the item Jodis had gifted me so abruptly and suddenly; nothing could have prepared me for the fact that he had something to give me. Jodis and I were never the kind of gift-giving individuals to each other especially when it came to birthdays, I think we both had come to a silent conclusion with each other that small and sentimental were the way to go over opulent and extravagant gifts nobles tended to do with one another.

Especially after losing his mother a few years ago, I worried for him a lot. He tended to blend in the background a lot, and could at times be forgettable if others didn't remember him. He didn't speak much and was found most times to be deeply invested in books and old ancient scrolls filled with a plethora of knowledge.

He and Mellie bonded on matters such as that.

Though after the death of his mother, the Marchioness of Vreka, Claritia Carchima, he seemed to have further sunk into his shell.

My mother and I have been a good support to him during that trying time. He was still a young kid who had lost his mother at the end of the day and with a father who too was mourning the loss of his beloved wife, his occupation of tending to my father as the Chancellor of Vesneau overrides his ability to spend much of his bereavement with his son.

"Is this a model of Aikean's solar system?" I questioned him as I took a look further into the very expensive imitation of what I myself had never been able to see since being transported to this world.

Aikean.

The metal frames of the replica were golden painted with many sophistical model circles embedding the painted round small balls that were to be made of replications of the planets. What was very neat about the imitation was that they glowed, Jodis showed me with a few taps of the buttons resting at the base of the figurine that gave it a magical essence; turning as if they were rotated alongside the larger entity, a shimmering essence following it through its path orbiting around the Crinsl—this world's word for the sun.

 What was very neat about the imitation was that they glowed, Jodis showed me with a few taps of the buttons resting at the base of the figurine that gave it a magical essence; turning as if they were rotated alongside the larger entity, a shimmer...

Aikean had eight planets in its system, not including the one we were currently in. Kopame, Lynicerl, Cata, Mim, Xudhunth, Milfarl, Ninsuek, and Cyin. I'm sure Jodis with his immense intelligence and education could tell me about each of these celestial plants and their attributes without batting an eyelash; it was stunning I was very pleased with what he gave me and wondered if Mellie would like something similar to this.

"Do you like it?" Jodis asked me curiously.

"Of course I do. If it's come from my close friends, it means very much to me." I smiled back at him, moving to place the planetary system in a nice spot so I could gaze at it when my eyes grew tired of the lesson plans from my many instructors that came in and out during the day.