CHAPTER LII

Melinda

To the birth of an independent woman, she rises.

"You've finally come! I am so delighted to welcome you!" I braced myself for impact as Soril was launching herself toward me like a bullet from a gun. She had already come to embrace me before I even had time to collect myself from being let in by the footman to the Da Brenci household.

She grappled onto my body with great strength as proven by her defense sage skills, her undeniable physical agility poured out from her even when she was participating in affection acts such as this.

"Thank you for having me Lady Soril," I replied politely.

Soril's thistle eyes twinkled with amusement at my response, "Why so formal? We're friends, aren't we? Come now... there's so much I wish to show you, but first I'm sure you're famished from your trip!" She didn't wait for my response as she grabbed onto my hand and pulled me further into the house.

I had pulled up to Soril's home to visit her for a friendly gathering—well actually, the carriage I road to the destination I had stopped just shy of the estate as to avoid detection of my family's crest on the carriage. I also wore the appearance-altering magical bracelet I had picked up personally from my trip to Cluyze and had Ronis wear one herself. So currently at the moment, my hair was icy blue with golden eyes, and Ronis with a muted orange tone and purple eyes.

I had already informed Soril that I was coming in disguise which was why she wasn't alarmed by my appearance just now.

Regardless it was good to see her again physically, especially since it's been a while since we have been able to spar together due to time constraints.

Her home was marvelous. I wasn't quite sure what I was expecting, but knowing the family had been demoted to a Barony it was hard to think that such a grand opulent estate was for anything lesser than a Dukedom. The building itself was made of sturdy and luxurious material and stone that captured one's breath no matter where they looked. There were numerous bustling fountains and plant life to further beautify the greeting space of the residence.

At the front of the gates was the family's sigil, a proud knight at the top, a panther and bobcat resting on each side of a large sigil shield with Freu Prein sage writing and symbols adorning said material, and finally the slogan stating: By the Sword, Justice and Honor Reign.

This was a confident statement for a family whose lineage coexisted with the duty of the sword and their ability to wield it.

We continued walking through the home passing through ornate and immaculate lobbies and foyers before we made our way into a more petite tea-like room where we could sit and have a small meal and chat together. There were two chairs for both her and me, all of them already set with fresh teas and treats for us to enjoy. Ronis was waiting patiently outside with the other maidservants as we had private time with each other.