Chapter 49

What the fuck! How do they have so many men!" Dominic hissed as he saw the situation in front of him. Hundreds of his men were fighting and lashing out on the enemy, the front door was filled with Seth's men who had restricted their entry.

"Boss! Boss!" he heard Murter on the bluetooth, "What!" he replied while shooting at one of the enemies and kicked the other in the gut. "Boss we found a back door but there are dozens of enemies here, but I can buy you a little time to go inside" Murter said through the earpiece as Dominic agreed and ran towards the direction of the back door.

When Dominic reached there he saw Murter struggling while 3 people were attacking him together. Dominic shot 2 of them as Murter shot the remaining one and nodded at Dominic to go. Dominic ran inside but 4 men came in front of him and punched him on the face.

Dominic growled out in anger as he held two of them by the head and collided them together with all his force as blood splashed on his face. He kicked the third one on the crouch and shot the fourth one on the head and then the shot the third one too.

He turned around and nodded at Murter before entering the darkened corridor. He noticed stairs going down as he loaded his gun again, "Call for backup" he ordered Liam, the third in command as he replied with a quick "Yes sir".

Dominic could hear distant cries along with yellings as a tightly shut door came in his vision. His heart clenched as his heartbeat increased in worry because he knew the voice all too well. It was Vivian's.

He ran towards the door as the intensity of the voice increased along with his uneasiness, he threw his body at the door as the door burst open. The scene infront of him made his heart stop, his Vivian was sitting on the chair all bruised up and bloodied with a man holding a blade near her tongue.

"Dominic!" she cried out as she Alexander moved from front of her as she untied herself and as she was about to stand up, Alexander caught her by her hair tightly as she shouted in pain.

"YOU BASTARD!" Dominic roared out as he pointed his gun at Alexander ready to shoot him. Alexander clicked his tongue continuously as he pulled Vivian closer by her hair and held the blade near her throat.

"Think again Mr Dominic Bernardi" he said calmly as he smirked and kept his grip tight on the struggling Vivian. "No don't hurt her!" Dominic shouted as a frightened expression surfaced on his face after years. Vivian's eyes flickered towards the suddenly moving body in front of her on the chair that laid lifeless till. Seth, she grimaced as she bit on her lower lip in fear.

Seth groaned as he finally opened his eyes and looked at the situation in front of him, his back was still turned towards Dominic. "Seth! My brother please take my place here" Alexander said as he pointed towards Dominic and then at his place.

Seth looked back in confusion and he and Dominic both gasped in shock before Dominic's face resurfaced with rage. Seth quickly stood up while taking out his gun and pointing at Vivian and grabbing her by the hair roughly. Dominic growled as he gritted his teeth,  his hands shivering as if he was controlling himself not to shoot them for Vivian's sake.

"Now now put down your gun, let's have some fun" Alexander said to Dominic playfully as he went towards the corner of the room and picking up the spiked baseball bat. Vivian's eyes widened as  her shivering got worse when she noticed the bat, the same bat with which Alexander had beaten her multiple times.

When Dominic made no moves to put his gun down and kept pointing it at Seth, Alexander looked at Seth and raised his eyebrows. Seth clenched his jaw as he dug the gun on Vivian's already bloody forehead as she cried out in pain.

"Stop! I'll do it!"  Dominic's voice boomed out as he once looked back at the door and cursed under his breath when he saw none of his men yet. He slowly crouched down as he kept the gun down. "Dominic don't do it" Vivian cried out while clutching on Seth's hand which was around her neck trying to break free.

"It's going to be ok baby" Dominic's eyes softened as he said softly and gave her a small smile. Before Vivian could say anything Dominic's head landed on the ground with blood oozing out as Alexander stood there with a bloodied bat on his hand. He hit him.

Vivian screamed in horror as countless tears cascaded  down her face. He kept beating Dominic as Dominic accepted the beating without a sound, just low grunts sometimes. All for Vivian.

"Stop it please" Vivian shouted while crying badly as Alexander kept beating him mercilessly.

"You dare marry her!"

"You dare love her!"

"Yo dare KEEP HER AWAY FROM ME"

Alexander kept screaming, the spiked bat was covered with blood as Vivian scratched on Seth's hands to release her, all the while crying and telling him to stop.

"S-Seth please,  you can still m-make it all right" Vivian cried out as she had to watch Dominic getting beaten up.

"Shut up" Seth whispered with a little hesitation as his hands shivered.

"You can still save him before it's too late" Vivian cried out again as her heart  hurt for Dominic.

"You can save yourself" she whispered.

Seth's hold on her loosened as he looked at her eyes with uncertainty. "I will save myself" he repeated as he ran towards his brother.

"Stop it" Seth said  as he pushed him away from Dominic.

Vivian gasped in surprise but took it as a chance and ran towards Dominic, she crouched down and put his bleeding head on her lap all the while crying heavily.

Dominic's hand reached out to her cheeks as he wiped her tears "Don't cry" he said with a soft smile, his voice still demanding.

Vivian chuckled while crying as she pressed her palm on his head to stop the bleeding.

"Seth what are you doing? I am taking our revenge!" Alexander shouted as Seth snatched the bat from his hand and threw it way.

"I don't need revenge! Let's just leave it and escape while he is still injured!" Seth argued as Alexander took out his gun and pointed towards Dominic.

"Seth get out of my way!" Alexander shouted as Vivian gasped and her gaze fell on Dominic's gun that was lying on the ground.

"No stop it!" Seth bit back as he held the gun that Alexander was holding and tried to take it from but struggled as his hold was tight.

Vivian slowly but carefully reached out her hand and as she was about to hold the gun, a loud gunshot was heard followed by loud grunts. Vivian gasped as she saw Seth collapsing to the ground while clutching his stomach.

Alexander shot Seth 2 more times with gritted teeth as Seth's face went pale with betrayal and a few tears escaped his eyes.

"Seth" Vivian cried out as she clutched on Dominic who watched the whole scene with wide eyes. Seth's face finally turned towards them as a smile became prominent on his features.

"I-I always hated you for not killing m-me" he said to Dominic as more blood poured out of his body.

His eyes flickered up to Vivian as it softened "Now I know why everyone is crazy after you. Thank You" he groaned out.

"I saved myself" were his last words before his eyes closed for eternity.

■■■