high in california

- louis tomlinson

I wanted this party to be perfect. It was my 18th birthday after all.

"Okay, I think the guest list is finished." I wrote down a couple of more names on my notebook.

"Who did you invite?" My best friend, Anna, asked. Me and her met during one of our modeling gigs.

"Our model friends, random people my manager put on the list, and family." I went down the list. Anna nodded.

"I heard a special someone is in town..." Anna started scrolling on her phone. She pulled up 'Tokio Hotel' on Ticketmaster.

"They're playing tonight. They'll probably be hanging around California tomorrow, since their second night performing isn't until Saturday." Anna explains.

"What does that have to do with my birthday on Friday?" I grabbed strawberries from the fridge to cut up for me and Anna.

"Well.. you could invite Tokio Hotel to the party." I stopped washing my strawberries. I started shaking me head and putting my hands up to stop her from talking.

"No, there is no way they would actually come. Also, Bill would know my big fat crush on him." I turned on the sink again.

"You're Y/N L/N. Why wouldn't they come? You're practically famous, and would wouldn't want free food." Anna reassured me.

"He's literally following you on instagram." Anna rolls her eyes.

I just shrug in response. I cut the strawberries and serve it to Anna, wondering why she's gone all quiet all of a sudden.

"Here you go." I slid the bowl across the counter. Anna is glued to her phone. I wave my hand in front of her screen.

"Hello...?" I waved my hand in front of her face this time.

"Sorry, I was too busy sending out an extra invitation to Tokio Hotel." She finally placed her phone down. My jaw dropped and my face started turning red.

"UNSEND IT!" I yell and try to grab her phone. Anna fights back and finally calms me down.

"Relax! There's tons of people going to your party, if they do show up you can just avoid them. If you don't want to see them that bad..." She calms me down.

"I guess..." I felt myself sink in to my couch.

"How'd you even send it to them?" I asked confused.

"I have connections." Anna shrugged as she threw her phone on the couch before sitting down.

It was Friday, the afternoon. I've already received so many gifts from so many people.

"Happy Birthday!!" Anna bursts through the door with bags of decorations and snacks.

"Thank you!" I help her out and put the bags on the table.

"Look what I brought." Anna puts out unlabeled multiple brown bags. I looked at her confused. She pulls out tiny bags of weed.

"ANNA! Why do you have that." I looked at her shocked.

"Come on! You're 18 now, it's time to have some fun." She puts the brown bags in her purse before grabbing bowls for the snacks.

"I mean I guess I could try..." I start putting streamers on the front door entrance.

Me and Anna just finished putting all the snacks, decorations, and music. Now, we're getting ready.

I decided to put on black liner on my waterline to bring out my e/c eyes.

I put my hair in a ponytail and have the ends curled. I decided on this black off the shoulder dress. (Dress is below).