⭑ that's the way love goes

- louis tomlinson

Y/N and Bill have been in a healthy relationship for a long time. Almost 5 years.

"A break?" Y/N looked at Bill with concerned plastered all over her face.

"Yeah, I can't maintain a relationship and a tour at the same time. It would be too much." Bill explained as he watched Y/N's eyed water.

"You can date anyone on this break, but I probably won't date anyone else." He continued trying to back himself up.

Y/N just nodded with tears trickling down her cheeks and went home to her own apartment.

Bill hoped she was agreeing to the part when he said 'probably won't date anyone else', because he truly loves Y/N.

-

"That was a great show." Gustav pat Bill's shoulder as his other hand had his drumsticks.

"Yeah..." Bill replied.

"Are you okay, Bill? You seem distracted." Tom looks with concern.

"I don't know, it's been 6 months of touring." Bill sat down next to Georg in the lounge of their tour bus.

"Yeah, isn't that great!?" Georg tried to shine some light into the conversation.

"Oh, don't get me wrong. It's been great, but I haven't tried to reach out to Y/N once." Bill ran his fingers through his hair.

"Damn." Georg practically flinches at Bill's words.

"6 months, that's crazy." Tom added.

"I know, I'm starting to think she moved on." He started to stress out.

All of the boys just shrugged as they comforted Bill.

Bill decided to call her that same night.

"Hello?" Y/N answered.

"Seriously? I'm trying to sleep." Tom threw the pillow across the hotel room to hit Bill, but he missed because it's literally pitch black in the room.

Bill ignored him and spoke to Y/N, "hi, Y/N."

"Who is this?" She questioned.

"Bill." He was confused why she asked that.

"Oh, Bill? Is that you?" Y/N's voice lit up.

"Yeah. How are you?" Bill started to smile.

"Good, sorry. My boyfriend suggested on deleting your number." Y/N explained.

Bill's heart dropped.

"Boyfriend?" His breathing got heavy.

"Yeah... I've been meaning to tell you this. But, you've been so busy on tour and you seem so happy." She spoke, you could hear her sadness through her voice.

"Oh." That's all Bill could say.

"I have to go, my boyfriend is home. It was nice hearing your voice again." She replied.

"Bye." Bill said, he couldn't get any other word out without choking.

He hadn't realized he was crying, until the phone call ended.

"Fuck." Bill laid down on his bed as tears streamed down his face. He covered his face with his hands and just lied down for a while, until he drifted off to sleep.

-

It's now the last show they had on their tour, before they go back home.

It went smoothly as usual. Girls screaming, Bill bringing a girl up stage, but this time Y/N was in the crowd.

They just finished their song and Bill decided to talk to Tom.

"Is that Y/N?" Bill whispered to a Tom, trying not to make it obvious.

"I think so, and her boyfriend." Tom replied, looking over at Y/N and her boyfriend.

Bill just took a deep breath and tried to finish the show. He barely made it through the last song they were performing.

Finally, show was over and Bill immediately went backstage. The boys followed in quickly after waving goodbye to everyone in the crowd. Most of the people were confused on why Bill stormed off like that. But, Y/N knew why.

"Bill, are you okay?" Tom came to comfort his twin.

"No, I can't keep seeing Y/N and her boyfriend being together like that. I still love Y/N." Bill sat down and started to play with his bracelets to calm himself.

"I'm sorry, Bill. But, you were the one to call the break and told her that she can date someone else." Tom replied.

"I guess... But, I didn't think she would actually date someone else." Bill just sighed and buried his face with his hands.

"You have to move on like Y/N, Bill." Gustav butts into the conversation.

Bill just started to cry.

"We all go through heart break, Bill. Y/N was probably heartbroken, when you told her about the break." Gustav continued.

"You have to move on." Georg spoke.

"That's the way love goes."