★ Wasted Summers

- juju<3

TW! death and suicide

Bill's POV throughout the story.

"I wasted like half of my summer
Tryna hold on your hand"

Tom and I are trying not to play video games everyday this summer. This was going to be tough, considering that Gustav and Georg want to come over to play video games everyday.

"Can I play once?" Tom begs as he shakes my shoulders, his dreads shaking and covering his face. I shook my head and walked away because I couldn't bear looking at his pleading eyes.

"Why don't we go outside and walk around downtown?" I grabbed his arm as he raised his hand to flip me off. Wishing that we didn't promise our mother that we would never touch video games all summer.

Tom and I were walking around and decided to grab some ice cream. We lived right next to downtown, so everything was within walking distance for us. Afterwards, we grabbed our ice cream cones and walked to the playground we used to play in everyday.

"Let's go to the swings." I said with a smile as I grabbed the chain of the swing, wrapping my arm around the other chain with my hand with ice cream. We swung back and forth, talking about anything, honestly. Tom was bored out of his mind.

"Can I hang out with you guys?" A girl, our age, approaches us with scratches on her legs. Me and Tom looked at each other for a moment, then nodded. She gave us a bright smile and sat in the swing next to us. Her name was Y/N. She is very pretty, her hair hitting her face every time she swung was practically mesmerizing. I think I had a crush on her already, who could blame me? Y/N is nice, pretty, and everything I could ask for. Tom clearly could tell I was already in love with her.

"Staring at her won't make her fall in love with you." Tom whispered as he nudged my shoulder as we were walking down the sidewalks of the neighborhood. I felt heat rush to my cheeks as I gave Tom a dirty look.

"You're cute, when you blush." Y/N gave me a sweet smile that was brighter than the sunset that was pouring down on us. The way the sun hit against her skin was beautiful, glowing perfectly over her features. She continued talking, but I felt my world crushing under me because she knew that I was blushing about her. Y/N didn't seem to care, that's what I also liked about her.

It was getting late, so we decided to walk Y/N home. She lived two blocks away from us, which was nice, knowing that I could see her everyday.

The next day, I couldn't wait to go to Y/N's house. I decided to leave Tom home and go to her by myself. Tom embarrassed me enough yesterday, I didn't need anymore today.

"Oh, hi Bill!" Y/N opened the door as I was going to knock. She had the same beautiful smile that makes my heart skip a beat.

"Hi, do you want to walk around the neighborhood with me?" I asked, feeling my head tilt a bit as I watched her expression as she was thinking. She seemed a bit distracted, but agreed.

"Let's go." I smiled as we walked side by side, our arms brushing against each other every time we took a step. Y/N talked about the things she loved, everything she talked about made her eyes sparkle. I hope one day I'll make those eyes sparkle. Most of the things she talked about, I liked. Which was very refreshing because most of the kids in my school don't.

"I'm kind of thirsty, should we get something to drink?" Y/N asked as she turned to me, her eyes scanning my face.

"Sure, let's go to my favorite smoothie place." I nodded as we headed to the shop. We didn't talk for a moment, but I appreciated my time with her. She was like my soulmate, we clicked as soon as we laid eyes on each other.