Snap Out Of It

- arctic monkeys

"I get the feelin' I left it too late, but baby
Snap out of it"

I was crying as I laid against the back of the school. My best friend just left me for a boy much old than me, then started calling me out on my flaws. Walking over to the convenience store to buy some alcohol, hoping that they won't notice the fake ID.

"Just these?" The cashier looked at me as my mascara was running down my cheeks. I nodded and the cashier didn't ask any further questions.

"Have a nice day." She said as she gave me the bottles of beer. I nodded and walked over to a park nearby, luckily, there were no kids. I just drank my feelings away, letting my best friend's words consume me. I drank and drank, until I was on my last bottle.

"Hey, are you okay?" Someone asks as my head was hung low as I was going back and forth on the swing. I looked up and I couldn't really make out who it was, but I just looked back down.

"Come on, Y/N." The voice spoke again, they knew my name? I just went along because I didn't feel like arguing with a random person. It sounded like a guys voice. He grabbed my hand and brought me to my own house. How nice of him.

"Here drink some water." He grabbed a glass for me and lifted the glass up to my lips. I took a tiny sip, before I ran to the bathroom and threw up. When I walked out, he was still there. I could barely make it back to the chair I was sitting at.

"Do you want to explain what happened?" He asks with a soft voice, not wanting to raise his voice to cause a headache. I rested my head on the table in my arms, nodding. I explained to him about the situation.

"Shithead." Is all he said, before getting up and grabbing his jacket. I stood up and went after him.

"Where are you going?" I raise my eyebrow at the guy, squinting my eyes to get a good look at him, my eyesight is never good when I get drunk.

"I'm going to beat their..." He couldn't finish his sentence, because I pulled him into a hug. I took a deep breath, smelling his cologne. I could tell that was Tom.

"Thank you. But, can we never mention this situation again?" I smiled, before letting him go. He nodded and closed the door behind him.

Time skip

That was about a year ago, I have developed a huge crush on Tom now. I always talk about him to Bill, Bill is my best friend. He always pushes the fact that I have a crush on him, for some reason.

"Is Tom coming to the movies tonight?" I asked as I go to Bill's locker. He grabs some books out of his locker and looks at me.

"I thought it would just be us." He sounded disappointed, but he decided to not argue with me.

"I'll invite him." He sighs as I smile at him, which causes him to smile back. We walk together to our class together.

That night, me and Bill were together grabbing a popcorn to share. We always share our popcorn. Tom invited Gustav and Georg, I was kind of disappointed because I just wanted it to be me, him, and Bill.

"Hi Tom." I smiled at him as I filled my cup up with blue raspberry slushy.

"Hi." Tom just smiled and nodded, before going with Georg and Gustav. I just frowned as I went to Bill as he was waiting for me. Me and Bill sat next to each other, the other boys decided to sit behind us. I wanted to sit next to Tom, but me and Bill did but these tickets beforehand.

"I'm so excited." Bill smiles as he goes to the seat next to me. We were watching this vampire movie, Bill has been dying to see it. I smiled at the excitement. Me and Bill we sitting back and talking as I heard some whistles behind us, especially from Tom. Both of us blushed at the embarrassment because people around us were looking at us. Finally, the advertisements rolled by and the movie started.

"I'm so ready." I could see Bill's smile through the darkness of the room. I smiled at the sight of him being so happy. From time to time, our hands touched in the popcorn bag, my heartbeat racing every time. But, I brush the feelings away because I liked Tom. A sad scene popped up and I felt my eyes water, looking over I see Bill bawling his eyes out. I pat his shoulder and he falls into my arms. I smiled as I rubbed his back. My heart was beating faster and faster as I felt Bill adjust his head to watch the movie.

The movie ended, Bill's makeup was a bit smudge and I took a picture of him with my phone.

"Hey! Delete that." He tried to take my phone, but luckily I snatched it away before he could. Bill rolled his eyes and we walked to the bathroom. I washed my hands and stuck out my tongue to see how blue-stained my tongue was.

"Fuck, I'm going to do it." I whispered to myself as I shook my hands dry. Bumping into Bill as he had a paper towel wiping his make up off.

"Do what?" He looked at me with his arms crossed.

"I'm going to tell Tom that I like him." I bit my tongue as soon as I said it because Tom was walking out with Georg and Gustav. We both immediately followed them to the car in the parking lot. It was dark so me and Bill stuck close. I opened my mouth to call out Tom's name,  but Bill cover my mouth with his hand.

"What?" I looked at him in confusion. He spun me around behind a car.

"Snap out of it. Tom doesn't like you." Bill dropped it like a bomb. I looked at him with my jaw hung low.

"Damn." I replied.

"Remember when you go drunk that night?" He asks as he scans my features for a reaction.

"How do you know that?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"That wasn't Tom. That was me." Bill confessed as he looked into my eyes.

"Wait, but you were wearing Tom's jacket?" I looked up at him.

"Yeah, because I rushed outside as soon as I saw you at the park. All I saw was Tom's jacket." Bill explained.

"Oh." I looked down at my feet.

"Now that I think of it, I've never really liked Tom. I've only had a crush on him since that incident. I just really fell in love with 'his' actions." I bit my lip.

"I really like you, Y/N." He pulled me into a hug.

"I like you, too." I looked up and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Sorry for the rushed ending. TYSM FOR 27K READS!!

damn!! I just lost my motivation for writing for tonight, and maybe for a little bit, lmao

^^ LMAO i was so dramatic, Idgaf