why can't we be friends?

- the academic

"She's so pretty, I wish I could talk to her." Bill thought as he writes down notes. Tom notices Bill staring at Y/N and teases him.

"Just go date her already." Tom chuckles and throws a paper airplane across the classroom.

Gustav on the other side of the attempts the catch it. But, it's lands on Y/N's head.

"Hey!" Y/N grabs the plane and looks around to see who's guilty.

She sees Tom, she squints her eyes, laughs, and playfully throws it back. Y/N makes eye contact with Bill. She sees him getting all red and he catches the plane, instead of Tom. Y/N just giggles and continues her worksheet.

"Why did you do that?" Bill whispers to Tom annoyed.

"Hey, she made eye contact with you!" Tom grabs the paper airplane and crushes it. Bill just rolls his eyes.

The bell rings and everyone leaves the class. Expect for Y/N, she takes her time trying to get her folders in her backpack perfectly. She doesn't mind waiting a little bit. Bill notices that and always makes sure she isn't that last one to leave. So, he stays back with her.

Y/N carefully places her folders and notices Bill before saying, "you know you don't have to wait for me Bill."

Bill blushes, "I know, but I don't want you to be the last one to leave."

"That's sweet," Y/N slings her backpack over here shoulder before pushing in her chair.

"Hey, wait..." Bill stop her. She turns around with a confused look.

"Can we be friends?" He asks while blushing. Y/N just smiles and leaves. Which makes Bill frustrated, but not for long because he's literally head over heels for her.

The next day, Bill sits in his seat silent trying to figure out why Y/N doesn't want to be friends.

"Am I ugly, Tom?" Bill turns to Tom.

"We literally look the same." Tom rolls his eyes and makes spit balls.

"Why?" Tom spits a spit ball at Gustav, but missed and hits Georg's head. Georg turns around and flips him off.

"I don't know, I'm trying to be friends with Y/N." Bill just shrugs.

"What's so special about Y/N? You have girls hitting on you everyday." Tom flips Georg off and attempts to blow more spitballs.

"I don't know." Bill shrugs again, he grabs Tom's straw and throws it away.

The bell rang. Bill again waits for Y/N, she notices.

"Again, Bill? You can leave me here, it's fine." Y/N puts her pencil case away.

"I want to get to know you, so we can be friends." Bill says as he watches her leave. He lets out a frustrated sigh and walks out.

The next day, Bill is staring at Y/N again.

"Bill, it's creepy, how you stare at her... You're like obsessed." Tom pulls his chair a few centimeters away from Bill's.

"Sorry, she just interests me a lot." Bill puts his head down.

"She just keeps rejecting me, and it hurts because I really like her." He watches as the teacher writes on the board.

"It's okay, Bill. There's plenty of girls!" Tom leans his chair back. Bill rolls his eyes at his brother.

He watches as Y/N talks to Gustav. Kind of feeling jealous because she keeps blushing and laughing.

The bell rings. Once again, Bill waits for Y/N, but this time he stops her.

"I don't understand, Y/N." He looks at her in her eyes.

"What?" Y/N blushes a little.

"Why can't we be friends?" Bill asks.

"Because I want to be more than friends, Bill. I really like you." Y/N smiles as her face turns red.

"I like you too. Wait, then why were you blushing as you were talking to Gustav?" Bill is surprised at Y/N's words.

Even more surprised when Y/N kissed him on the cheek, "It's because I was talking about you."

Bill grabs Y/N's chin and kisses her.