Chapter 1

Hugh's POV

I lay on the grass in my backyard, wondering when my brother will finally come back to take his kids.

Being forced into babysitting the kids became normal in my family a long time ago, because I have a lot of brothers, and the older ones have many kids already.

I knew that I will be a babysitter since I was a small kid, and I watched my brothers babysit me and my younger brothers, and then my older brothers had to babysit our brothers' kids.

I honestly don't mind it, but today I really don't have patience for them.

All I want to do is go and find my brother Xander, because I have finally found the courage to tell him how I feel about him.

For as long as I remember I liked Xander, when I was a small kid, I used to like him the most of my brothers.

Well, he was the only one that I liked back then.

But when I became a teenager, I realised that I like him more than I should.

Since then, I started to hate him, because I didn't want anyone to find out.

I know that tata used to be papa and dad's adopted kid for a lot of years, until they realised that they're mates.

But Xander and I are biological brothers, so back them I thought that they will call me a freak, and cast me away.

It was easy to pretend that I hate him, because he's the kid that each parent hopes to have, but very few actually get.

Xander wants to be a therapist, right now he's working with the pack therapist, who's helping him learn everything, and he's very good at it.

Since I remember he was well behaved, one of the best in school, the most helpful of all of my siblings, and he's pretty much perfect in every aspect.

But I don't really hate him for all of that, it's actually one of the reasons why I like him this much.

It's one of the reasons why my eyes can't leave his whenever I see him.

I don't think that he realises that I like him, but I have tried to send him a few signals, because I was too shy to tell him how I feel about him.

He never said anything about it, but yesterday he smirked at me when I was passing him and papa in the corridor.

That's what made my think enough to not be able to sleep last night.

I'm not sure if he realised that I like him, and this smirk was his way of telling me that he realised what I'm trying to show him, or if he did it for some other reason.

But I have decided that I should listen to my instincts, and that I should talk to him.

"I'm back, thanks for watching them for me." Reggie says, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"No problem." I say with a small smile, then I stand up and I walk inside of the house, leaving Reggie with his four kids.