Chapter 24

Hugh's POV

I was grounded for about a week, which isn't normal, since it's usually only about two days.

A good thing is that I have Jonah's number, so I could talk with him throughout the week.

Papa just told me that I could go out of the pack lands if I wish to, so I decided to go straight to Jonah's.

Thankfully it's weekend, so I don't have to go to the school, and I can spend a while day with my mate.

I go downstairs and I make myself some breakfast, which I eat quickly, and then I go towards the front door.

Before I can open it, the door flies open, pulling my hand which was already gripping the door handle.

I wince in pain, remembering that I have broken my arm a while ago.

Papa looks at me worriedly, before he comes over to see my arm.

"It's broken." He tells me, looking at me questioningly, because I definitely didn't break it right now.

"Jonah pushed me away when I was trying to talk to him a while ago, and I fell on my arm, but I forgot about it." I tell him, and he nods.

"Go to the pack Doctor." He tells me, and I groan.

"I want to see my mate, and if I will go to the pack hospital then I won't leave it for a while." I complain, begging him to let me leave it for later.

"You should go now." He tells me. "Actually, I will go with you, I have to talk to the Doctor anyway." He says, and I groan.

"Then I have to tell Jonah that I won't be going to his house." I say, and he lets me have a minute alone to talk to my mate.

So, I go to my room, and I pull out my phone.

"Hey. Are you on your way already?" Jonah asks me when he picks up.

"I was, but something came up, and I won't be able to get there today." I tell him.

"Oh, it's fine. Will you come here tomorrow?" He asks curiously.

"Most likely, but I'm not sure if I will feel good in the morning." I say, remembering the other times that I had a surgery to fix a broken bone.

Most werewolves feel good almost right after they wake up after surgery, I on the other hand take much longer, I heal very quickly, but then I'm sick for a long time.

"Why wouldn't you be feeling well? Where are you going?" He asks me worriedly.

"I have to go to the hospital, but don't worry, I will be alright, it's just a check up, but I will have to take some medicine that might make me a bit sick for a while." I lie.

I wish I could just tell him the truth, and I will do it after I will tell him that I'm a werewolf, but for now this will have to do.

"And you forgot that you will have to go today?" He asks, sounding unconvinced.