Chapter 8

Hugh's POV

I drive towards my house, and I try to keep my speed slow, because I have too much thoughts in my head right now to be sure that I won't make some accident if I will drive faster.

I can't believe that I have found my mate.

I didn't really care if my mate would be a woman or a man, but I did expect a man, because all of my siblings are mated to a man.

When I finally make it back to the pakc house, I sit in the car for a whole, but then I decide to go to my house before someone will notice that I've been sitting here for a while.

I manage to make it to my room without being stopped, so I close the door behind me, and I let myself fall on my bed.

My mate isn't Xander, and I have to force myself to not be sad about it, but right now I fell two different felling at once.

Excitement for finally being able to meet my mate, and the anger.

I'm angry at myself for allowing myself to think that Xander will be my mate, again.

I already was sad about this fact a few months ago, and I managed to get over it, so now I'm trying to force this sadness to go away.

This time it's easier than it was when I turned sixteen, and I realised that Xander isn't my mate.

It's because now I have the other feeling to focus on.

The excitement.

I really can't wait to see my mate again, and to be honest, I hate the fact that he's human, but I can't change that, so I will have to live with that.

Also, he didn't look very happy about meeting me, but that's hopefully because there was a party in his house, and he was angry.

I just hope that he will like me, because I know that there is a big chance that he will reject me.

It happens a lot of times to the werewolves that are mated to humans, and althrought most of those werewolves manage to convince their mates to be with them, I hope that I won't have to.

But I decide to leave it for today, so I stand up, and I change my clothes, before I go back to bed.

Before I can even close my eyes the door to my room opens, and Xander walks in.

"What's up?" I ask him.

"Can I sleep here? There's a thunderstorm outside." He says, and then I realise that I have driven thought this weather, and I didn't even notice.

"Sure." I agree, I know that Xander is scared of thunder, he comes to my room every time, and he sleeps with me, because he can't sleep alone in the nights like this.

He gets into my bed happily, and not much later he's asleep.

I stare at his back, wondering if I will get excited as I usually do when we're in this situation, but it seems that he doesn't make me react like this anymore.

I quietly sigh in frustration, because I have no idea if I should be happy or sad about it.

After a while, I let myself close my eyes, and I quickly fall asleep.