Chapter 34

Jonah's POV

I have been living here for two days now, and I really don't think that I will ever get used to all of this.

Let's start from the fact that there are a lot of teenagers in the house, and they all look very similar to each other, which I learned is because they're all sons of Mason and Timmy.

So, from what they told me, the werewolf kid looks like the father that didn't carry him, as long as they're not an Omega, whatever that means.

I really didn't want to ask, because I can barely remember the stuff that they tell me.

But that definitely makes it hard for me to recognise which kid is which, and the only one that I can recognise is the youngest one, which is a bit smaller than the rest, but he will most likely soon catch up.

So, that's a big problem is I'm supposed to live with them for months.

The other problem is that every time I look through the window I can see someone shift into their wolf form, which makes me scared to go outside.

Thankfully, Hugh can't leave the house, so I have an excuse to stay inside too.

He had told me everything that he knows about werewolf pregnancy, and he also explained that he might have a miscarriage, especially if he will be stressed.

So far, he's doing good with laying on the bed all day, but I doubt that he will be happy about it in a month.

I have also thought about telling Laken about all of this, and to be honest I would like to keep it a secret, but that would be more problematic than it's worth.

If I won't tell him, then I won't be able to tell him that this baby is mine, and if I will want to move here to be with Hugh, then he won't be able to visit me.

Also, I would have to tell him some lie to explain why he can't see his best friend, which would most likely make him hate me.

So, I decided that I will bring him here soon, and I will tell him everything that I have been told.

Hugh also explained to me that were mates, and that there is something called a mate bond between us, which is why I felt attracted to him from the moment that I saw him.

I like the idea of mates, it's something that I have wished for, and I'm very happy that I'm lucky enough to have a mate, despite the fact that I'm a human, not a werewolf.

I asked Hugh if there are any humans here, and he told me that there are a few, but all the humans that are here, have mates that are a part of this pack.

He also told me that I should meet them, because they might be able to explain this world a bit better for me, so I agreed to see a few of them soon.

But for now, I just want to lay with my mate in my arms, as I do right now.