Chapter 18

Hugh's POV

I knock on Laken's front door, hoping that be will answer quickly, because it's very cold outside, and I would like to get inside of his house as quick as possible.

I have been away for a week, because I and some of my brothers went on a camping trip with papa, so I wasn't able to see my best friend and I have missed him.

I have also missed my mate, but I doubt that I will see him here, it has been a very long time since I talked to him, but dad said that I should let him be, and that the mate bond will finally force him to like me.

I don't feel any side effects of rejection, so I have decided that the best option would be to wait, but I really didn't expect him to take this long.

I was hoping that he will come running towards me as soon as he will realise that I'm leaving him alone, but that didn't happen, and I'm a bit disappointed.

The front door opens, and my eyes widen when I see that the person the opened it, isn't who I expected to see.

"Laken's not here, but you can come inside if you want." Jonah tells me, with a smile that definitely isn't fake.

I frown at him for a while, before I decide that I should just come inside, before he will change his mind.

Jonah tells me to sit in the living room, while he goes to make some tea.

He comes back not much later, and he still seems happy to see me, which makes me wonder if he's on some drugs or something.

But I don't comment on his mood, and I just take the cup of tea from him.

"I'm sorry about the way that I have treated you, I still don't want us to be in a relationship, but I would like to get to know you." He tells me, and my eyes widen slightly.

"Okay. What do you want to know?" I ask him, and he shrugs.

"Tell me about your family?" He suggests.

"Fine, just so you know, it will take me a while to explain my family." I say with a laugh.

"Why?" He asks me with an arched eyebrow.

"Because I have three parents." I say, making his frown deepen. "I also have seven half brothers, and six brothers." I tell him, and he doesn't say anything, which makes me laugh.

"Okay." He says, not really knowing what to say.

"And one of my brothers is dating a man that is my eldest father's age, so we won't be the only ones with a huge age deference." I tell him hoping to convince him that it's not a big deal.

"I feel sick when I remember that I'm much older than you." He admits.

"It's really not a big deal in my family, no one will say anything about it.

Believe me, my family is way too crazy for anyone to even look at the age of our partners." I say with a slight laugh, which makes him smile a little.