Chapter 5

Jonah's POV

I walk into my house, and I have to resist the urge to scream at my nephew for all the mess that is in the living room.

"Laken clean that up." I say, trying to keep my voice calm.

"Clean what up?" He asks me, as if there aren't five different drinks on the table, along with about ten glasses around it.

I have seen the same thing a lot of times, over the last few weeks that I have been staying in the house.

At first, I have thought that he had some friends over, but then I saw him drinking from all those glasses.

I have no idea why he can't drink everything from one glass, or at least have one glass for each juice.

I have asked him about it a few times, but his answers don't make any sense, so I guess that I will never know.

I just shake my head, and I decide to go up the stairs to my bedroom, because that's the only clean room in this house.

I definitely don't regret taking care of my nephew, but I would heave been a bit happier if he could learn to not make this much mess.

I don't have any kids, it's not that I didn't want any, but I was waiting for someone that will be right for me.

I have seen my brother being in a relationship with a woman that literally wanted him just for his money, and he was stupid enough to not realise it.

But that relationship made me realise that I prefere to be alone, instead of being in a relationship like that.

My brother was a good man, but he wasn't the smartest, which his eldest son has sadly inherited.

He and his wife had died a few years ago, along with their two other kids, and we don't have any other family, so Laken had to move in with me.

He's not very problematic, but the mess that he's making is starting to make me crazy.

It wasn't a problem before, since I was barely at the house, because of my work, but I have been fired and now I'm staying here for most of the day, which makes ignoring this mess a lot harder than it used to be.

When I reach my bedroom, I decide that it's not worth my energy, because I know that he will actually clean the living room, unlike his bedroom.

So, I decide to change into some more comfortable clothes, and then I turn the TV on to watch some movie.

But a few minutes into the movie, I remember that I hate movies, so I watch football instead.

A few minutes later, I can hear that Laken is walking around downstairs, hopefully cleaning.

Soon I hear a glass break, and a few loud swears follow it, which makes me shake my head with an amused smile, before I close my eyes, deciding that I should go to sleep.