Chapter 7

Jonah's POV

When I get to my house from my little trip, I clench my fists in frustration, because there's a party in my house.

I'm tired form the hours that I have spent driving, and all I wanted was to get inside of my house, and to go to sleep, but to do that I will have to take care of this party first.

I will really have to speak to Laken about it, I know that I told him that he can have parties in this house, but that was when I was barely here, and he mostly had a whole house for himself.

I remember that I told him that he can't have parties here, now that I'm in the house a lot of times, but it seems that he didn't care enough to remember this.

I sigh in frustration, before I get out of the car, and I walk towards the front door of my house.

I open it quickly, and I move around the teenagers, searching for one specific teenager.

I find him on the couch, talking to some boy.

Laken looks at me, and his eyes widen slightly, which makes the other boy turn around.

I don't spare him a glance, if he was the only person here, then I would have greeted him, but this party made me angry.

And when I'm angry, then I'm definitely not polite.

"What's going on here?" I ask my nephew.

"Sorry, I forgot that you're not working anymore, and that you will be here tonight." Laken tells me, but I keep glaring at him.

"Well, I'm here and you have five minutes to get rid of all those people, and another five to clean everything up, or else you will meet the angry version of me." I threaten, and Laken nods in acknowledgement.

He stands up from the couch, and he leaves his friend behind, so he can tell everyone to leave.

I turn around to go up the stairs, but I feel someone grab my hand, so I look back to see that it's the boy from the couch.

"I'm really not in the mood for a talk." I tell him, before I pull my arm back harshly.

He loses his balance, and he start to fall, so I quickly catch him, before I make sure that he's alright.

By now, the people are starting to leave, they don't look happy at all but I don't really care.

"Sorry." I say after I turn back to see the boy.

"It's fine." He tells me.

"You should go back to your house." I say, and he nods, so I leave him, before I go to my bedroom.

It takes a few more minutes, but finally all the people are gone, and I'm able to get some rest.

But before I can fall asleep, I hear a reluctant knock on the door, so I stand up to open it.

"What do you want?" I ask my nephew.

"I'm really sorry about this, I forgot that you will be here." He tells me, and I just roll my eyes at him.

"Go to your room." I say, and he does as he was told, so I go back to my bed, and I finally fall asleep.