Chapter 23

Hugh's POV

When I get to my house I'm greeted by papa, who's waiting on me with a belt in his hand.

I groan, but I let him force me to my knees, and I have to endure the pain.

It takes a long time for it to make me cry, but when it does, I don't try to hold it back, because I know that I will be spanked until I will be begging him to stop between the sobs.

A few minutes later, I'm allowed to go to my room, but instead I go to the bathroom, so I can wash my face, and then I go to the living room, where a few of my nephews are sitting with dad.

"Hey." I say to the little troublemakers.

"We're bored." One of them says, so I go over to them, and I start to tickle whichever of them I can reach, they soon start to run away from me, and into the backyard.

So, I follow them, and I start to run after them, trying to catch them.

I run slower than them, to let them think that they're faster, but then I jump on one of the boys making him scream, before I start to tickle him.

I play with the boys for almost the whole day, hoping that if I will let dad get some rest, then they will allow me to go back to my mate's house.

But I end up disappointed, and alone in my bedroom.

I really should have guessed that they won't let me out of the house.

Late in the evening I hear a knock on my door, so I stand up to open it, I already know that it's one of my brothers, because my parents wouldn't bother to knock.

I turns out to be Xander, so I let him in, and I close the door behind us.

"So... How's your mate?" He asks me, and I smile.

"He's great, but he hates that there's a big age difference between us." I tell him, and he nods.

"He will get over it, tata is a lot younger than papa and dad." He tells me.

"I know, but you have to remember that Jonah isn't a werewolf, he's a human, so it's not very normal to him." I remind him.

"Whatever." He says, waiving me off.

"Anyway. Did you see this?" He asks while he takes some pictures out of his pocket.

I go over to him, and I smile when I see that it's a picture of our brother Oliver and his family.

"I wish I could meet them." I tell him.

"I wish I could meet Alex, I don't think he even knows that he has a twin." Xander says looking at a teenage boy who looks like a smaller version of him.

Xander soon puts the pictures away, and he stays for a while longer, but then, both of us get tired, so he leaves my room, and I go to sleep.