Chapter 19

Hugh's POV

We talk for a bit, while drinking our teas, but soon my parents text me that I have to come back, because we will be having a family night which makes me groan.

But I know that I won't be able to skip it, so I put my phone away, and I turn my attention to my mate.

"I have to go, but I hope that you will be around here more often." I say, and he nods, but I can see a bit of disappointment in his expression.

"I will be around from now on." He promises, while I stand up.

He leads me towards the front door, and we say our goodbyes, before I go towards my car, and I make my way back to my house.

I already knew that we will have a family night today, but I didn't expect that I will be having a nice conversation with my mate, instead of hanging out with my friend.

So, I was actually happy that my whole family will be together, but now I don't really want to go back, and I'm annoyed by he fact that they had to choose the worst date for this family night.

I would have tried to get out of this, but they wouldn't let me live through it, so I sight in frustration as I drive through the familiar pack lands, and I park my car in front of the pack house, before I make my way towards my house.

Everyone is already here, and I laugh slightly when I see that everyone is sitting in the living room that can barely fit this many people.

Most of them have to sit on the floor, because not even half of them have a place on the couch.

"We should move to the back yard." I say.

"We will, but we wanted to wait on you first." Papa says, and I frown.

"So, you had to do it in the living room instead of just going to the back yard without me?" I ask him with arched eyebrow.

"Yeah." He says with a shrug, which makes me roll my eyes at his logic, or more like the lack of it.

"Where were you?" Tyler asks me curiously, and I decide that there's no need to lie, so I tell him the truth.

"With my mate." I respond with a groan, remembering that I had to leave him to come here.

"You found your mate?" Eliott asks me while Tyler's eyes widen, same as most of my older brothers.

"Yeah, a while ago, didn't even know that you don't know yet, I thought that papa already told everyone." I say with a shrug, and it's papa's turn to roll his eyes.

"I don't tell everything to everyone." Papa tells me, and I just nod my head.

"Sure." I say sarcastically, and some of my family laughs.

Not much later, we move to the back yard, and I leave my brothers, choosing to play with my nephews, as I do most of the times.