Chapter 49

Hugh's POV

I sit in the living room, feeding my son, when the front door opens, and Laken sits next to me.

"What's up?" I ask him, when I realise that he looks a bit sick.

"Well..." He starts, and I wait for him to continue, but it seems that he won't do it.

"What have you done?" Jonah asks him as he enters the living room, I send him a glare, and he rolls his eyes, before he sits on the couch next to me.

Laken doesn't answer, but he looks like he might start to cry, so that makes me worried.

"Did someone hurt you?" I ask him, but he shakes his head.

"Then what's wrong?" I ask.

"I slept with one of the girls from the pack." He tells me, and I swear under my breath.

"You can't be serious!" Jonah almost yells.

It makes Laken's tears drop, so I smack Jonah on the thighs harshly, hoping that he will keep quiet.

"That's not good, I think that I already told you that you shouldn't do it." I say, and I wait for him to say something, but he only sniffs.

"Does she have a mate already?" I ask him, hoping that he will say that she doesn't, but he nods his head in confirmation.

I sigh in frustration, already knowing that this won't end well, I can't even imagine what will happen if this woman's mate will find out.

"That's not the worst part." He tells me.

"What else?" I ask him.

"Please tell me that she didn't get pregnant." Jonah says, and I'm about to tell him to be quiet again, but my eyes widen when Laken starts to cry.

That definitely won't end well, I have no idea what we should do in this situation, but we definitely have to do something, because this woman might die if she will carry a kid that isn't her mate's, and Laken might get killed if her mate will find out about all of this mess.

I decide to call papa, and it takes him only a few minutes to come her, because I said that it's important.

We tell him wheat going on, and his eyes widen, before he forces Laken to tell him the name of this woman.

Then he goes out of the house, most likely to talk to her.

"Are you sure that it's your kid?" I ask Laken, hoping that there's some way out of this.

"Yes, her mate was away for a few weeks, and will be for a while longer, so the kid can't be his, and she said that she didn't sleep with anyone else." He explains, sounding like he's ready to kill himself right here.

"Is her mate going to kill me?" He asks me, before he wipes his eyes to get rid of the tears, so he can look at me.

"He will most likely try, but I will make sure that nothing will happen to you." I assure him.

He nods him head, before he thanks me, and I tell him that he should go to his room to get some rest.

He doesn't as I said, and when he's gone, I look at Jonah who has a worried expression.

I give him a tight hug, and a kiss, before I take him and out baby upstairs.