Chapter 41

Hugh's POV

Baby Legacy had to lay in the pack hospital for a few days, but today we're finally able to take him back.

I also had to stay in a hospital for a while, because thar pack doctor had to make sure that I was alright.

"I can't believe that we have a baby." Jonah tells me happily.

I smile at him, and he looks at the baby that is resting on his legs, while he sits on the hospital bed.

"Yeah, and we will finally be able to enjoy having a kid." I say, because we barely got to hold him the last few days.

We keep the casual conversation, while we wait for the Doctor, and not much later, he finally comes over, and he does a few more examinations to Legacy, before he tells us that we can go back to the house.

So, we don't waste any time, and we make our way there.

When we enter the house, my whole family is here, which makes me frown, because I really didn't expect them to be here today, but I guess that it makes sense that they want to meet their new family member.

Jonah and I greet them, and I let everyone hold Legacy for a few minutes, before I take him upstairs, so he will be able to rest.

But I go back downstairs, and I sit on the couch next to my mate, who's talking to one of my brothers.

To be honest I'm not very close to my brothers, especially the older ones, so it's pretty hard to keep a conversation with them, but I somehow manage to survive this unexpected family night.

When it gets late, I force Jonah to leave Elliott, and the conversation that they had about Goddess knows what, which is a lot harder than expected, but I manage the drag him into our bedroom.

He decided to not tell me what he thinks about this forced end of the night, but I clearly see that he's a bit angry.

I decide to leave my pouting mate on the bed, and I go out of the room to get our baby, which I hand over to Jonah, who smiles at the sight of him.

"Your family's nice." Jonah tells me.

"If you say so." I say with a shrug, I definitely wouldn't say that I like all of them, but thankfully half of them have their better halves with them, so that makes it easier to spend time with them.

"You don't like them?" Jonah asks me.

"I mean, I wouldn't say that I don't like them, but I barely know my older brothers, and they treat me like a small kid most of the time, so I wouldn't say that I like them very much either." I explain to which Jonah nods.

"Do you have any other family bedsides Laken?" I ask him.

"No, Laken is the only one that is still alive." He says, sounding a bit upset, so I decide to leave it.

We spend some more time with our son, before I take him back to his room, and we decide to sleep.