Chapter 4

Hugh's POV

I look up to see who came here, hoping that they didn't hear the conversation that Xander and I just had.

It turns out to be papa, and the look on his face tells me that he did hear everything.

"Xander. Can you give me a minute to talk with Hugh?" Papa asks, so Xander looks at me to see if I'm alright with that.

I sigh in annoyance, because I know that I won't like this conversation, but I nod anyway.

I don't really want to keep Xander here, if he doesn't want to be with me, but the other part of me wants to lock him inside of my room, so he would be with me all the time.

When Xander leaves my room, papa sits on the chair that Xander used to sit in not long ago, and I groan loudly, before I let myself fall back on my bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Papa asks.

"Sure." I say sarcastically.

"Alright." He starts. "When did you start to like him?" He asks curiously.

"Why do you want to know?" I ask him, while I play with my fingers.

"Because Xander might actually be your mate." He tells me, and I turn my head to look at him with a shocked expression, not believing what he just said.

"I'm already old enough to know that he's not my mate." I remind him.

"Yes, I know, but Timmy and I didn't know that Mason was out mate until he turned sixteen, although we knew him since he was a kid." He explains, and I consider it.

"I don't want to get my hopes up." I say. "But I really want to believe that we will end up being mates." I admit.

"I'm sure that you will meet your mate soon, whether it will be Xander or someone else." Papa says.

"I don't want anyone else." I tell him, and he nods.

"I know, but the Moon Goddess doesn't really care who you want to be your mate, she will give you someone that will be perfect for you." He tells me.

"Xander is perfect for me." I say.

"Maybe, but maybe it will be someone else." Papa says with a shrug.

"Whatever, I will just have to wait two more years, then I will finally have Xander." I say, already sure that it will happen.

"Hopefully." Papa says.

"Hopefully." I say with a nod, just to remind myself that it might not happen.

"You know, I kind of regret telling you that he might be your mate." He informs me, while standing up to get out of here.

I don't ask him for a reason, because I'm pretty sure that it's the fact that I already think that it will happen, instead of thinking of it as a possibility.

So, I just waive him off, and I watch him leave my room.

I groan when I realise that he left the door open, but I quickly stand up to close it, and then I fall on my bed again.

I put my face in the pillow, and I try to keep my tears away, I don't even know if those tears are from sadness, because I was rejected, or front the happiness at the new possibility which I hope will be a reality.