Chapter 32

Jonah's POV

I get out of my car, and I quickly make my way towards the house.

I wonder what's so important for Laken to tell me to come back, especially since I have just seen him.

So, there are very few things that could have gone wrong in a matter of few minutes.

When I enter the house, I go straight to the living room, because I know that he's most likely there if he's waiting on me.

But I stop walking, but I frown when I see that Laken isn't here, and instead I'm looking at Hugh, along two very big men.

"What's going on?" I ask him.

"I just want to tell you something. Can you sit for a second?" High asks me, so I nod, since he looks very serious, and that makes me worry.

The two men leave the room, most likely to give us some privacy, and I sit on the couch, much calmer.

I didn't realise that those men made me this stressed, but I guess that everyone would be afraid if some strangers were in his house for an unknown reason.

"What's wrong?" I ask Hugh, and he takes a deep breath, before he opens his mouth to say something, but he shuts it again, and instead he takes something out of his pocket.

It turns out to be some ultrasound picture, so I frown.

I know that we have slept with each other, but I'm sure that Hugh is a man, so I really doubt that he's pregnant.

"Did you get some woman pregnant?" I guess, because I know that there's something between us, and I can't think about anything other than the possibility that he feels guilty for having a kid while kind of being with me.

"Not really." He tells me, and I open my mouth to say something, but he stops me.

"I'm pregnant." He says, and I really want to laugh, but his expression is very serious, which makes me frown.

"What do you mean? I know that you're a boy." I tell him, hoping that he will explain it to me, since this situation is making me nervous.

"I'm a werewolf, and I'm pregnant." He says, and this time I laugh slightly,  but it's a very nervous, unamused laugh.

"I don't believe you." I say.

"I can show you if you want me to." He tells me.

"Yeah, I think that it will be necessary." I say with a nod, not really knowing what to expect.

He can't be telling me the truth, so I have no idea why he's looking this serious right now.

"I can't shift, because it won't be good for our kid, but one of my fathers will do it." He tells me, so I nod, and I watch the smaller of the two men walk into the room, while the other one leans on the doorway, and he looks at me.

Hugh's father takes his shirt and pants off, before his bones start to move under his skin and in a matter of a few seconds I'm looking at a big wolf.

I stare at the wolf with wide eyes, and I really don't have any idea what I should say or do.

Finally, after what feels like ages, I manage to open my mouth, but before I can say anything, I faint.