Chapter 16

Hugh's POV

I have given Jonah a few days to get his thoughts together, but now I'm standing in his doorway again.

I know that he won't be very excited about it, but I really have to see him.

I also know that he feels the mate bond, so he most likely will be a bit happy to see me, but I doubt that he will let it show.

When Jonah finally shows up, I go towards the front door, but this time, when he sees me, I can hear that he sighs in annoyance.

He comes over anyway, and he quickly finds the key that was in his back pocket, before he unlocks the front door, and he goes inside, trying to close the door behind him, but I stop him.

I put my shoe into the doors way, preventing it from losing, and Jonah groans from the other side of the door, but eventually he opens the door a bit wider.

So, I move my feet to walk inside, but he pushes me back harshly, causing me to fall to the ground. and he locks the door, before I can even realise what happened.

I shake my head, I can feel that my arm is broken, because it's a familiar feeling of pain, I have broken this arm more times than I can count, so the pain isn't as bad as it was before.

I stand up, and I start to go towards my car, when I reach it, I slide inside and I wait for my arm to heal.

It will heal correctly, but it will take the pain away, so that's good enough.

When the pain stops, I start the car, but then I get a great idea, which makes me laugh slightly.

I get out of the car, and I walk back to my mate's house.

Then I go towards the back of the house, and I find the hidden key, I know that it's here because Laken forgets to take his key every other day, and he comes here to get this one.

I go around the house to make sure that all the lights are off, and when I'm sure that Jonah is asleep, I open the front door.

I'm lucky that Jonah's door doesn't make any sound, because if I was breaking into my house, then my whole family would be awake at this point.

I close the door behind me, and I lock it to make sure that no one will get inside.

Then I make my way upstairs, walking as quietly as possible.

When I reach my mate's bedroom, I open the door slightly, and I hold my breath, hoping that he isn't awake, then I walk inside, and I sit on his bed.

I have to resist the urge to touch him, since I'm sure that he would wake up because of that, but that doesn't stop me from looking at his sleeping form for the whole night.

I only get out of there when it starts to get light outside, and then I realise what I just did, before I swear at myself for my stupidity.